1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > General Gun Discussion

Old 06-22-2006, 11:29 PM

Best gun shops in NW Arkansas

For those forum members living in and around NW Arkansas, where are the best shops? I'll be taking a day ride on my motorcycle soon up around the Harrison area and want to stop and browse some area shops. Your help would be appreciated.
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:35 AM

There is Ozark Sportsman Supply on Hwy 412. Here is their web site:

http://www.ozarksportsman.com/

Been there a few times. They have a indoor shooting range.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:24 AM

Ozark Sportsman, that leecreek menitoned, and Ozark Armory (on hwy 71B www.ozarkarmory.com) are both in Springdale. Harrison is an hour or so away (it would be a nice bike ride, though).

Of course, Harrison is not far from Berryville, the epicenter of high $ 1911s from Wilson and Nighthawk.

--jcd
Old 06-23-2006, 07:16 PM

The bike ride from Harrisson to Springdale would be a real nice bike ride. Hwy 62 is full of curves and hills. It goes along the shore of Beaver Lake. I've rode it in the past and it is great. Berryville is about halfway between the two cities on Hwy. 62. Not far from Branson, MO either.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:56 PM

If you get down Hwy 16, turn south on Hwy 21 to Clarksville. EZ-Pawn on Main Street (near the square) has great prices. I was at Mountain Man in Fay. a few weeks ago and was looking at their selection of XDs. When I told them what I paid for mine they were shocked...said that was what they paid wholesale.

You might even run into Eor from the Adventure Rider web site. He's done a neat travelogue there about riding in northcentral and northwest Arkansas.

BTW, how long have you lived in VB? I grew up there.

Michael
Old 06-23-2006, 08:15 PM

A huge +1 on E-Z Pawn.

I'm from Clarksville and have dealt with Jeff for the past 10 years or so, great guy, best prices you'll find anywhere ($20 over cost on any firearm, doesn't matter if it costs $100 or $5000) and extremely knowledgable without being a jerk.

I still talk to Jeff a couple of times a month and he's in the process of opening up an internet store right now that will probably crush most online dealers with the prices he has.

Shoot me a pm if you need a phone number or anymore info.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:26 PM

Diz

I've lived in VB for 13 years. I grew up in Ft. Smith.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:18 PM

Longshot

fireslayer23 - I know this is a longshot as if you will even get this but I am curious if you know if Jeff is still around Clarksville or if he has opened up his online store??

thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireslayer23 View Post
A huge +1 on E-Z Pawn.

I'm from Clarksville and have dealt with Jeff for the past 10 years or so, great guy, best prices you'll find anywhere ($20 over cost on any firearm, doesn't matter if it costs $100 or $5000) and extremely knowledgable without being a jerk.

I still talk to Jeff a couple of times a month and he's in the process of opening up an internet store right now that will probably crush most online dealers with the prices he has.

Shoot me a pm if you need a phone number or anymore info.