1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Hardware & Accessories > Kydex and Leather Gear

Old 05-10-2006, 10:50 PM

Combo Mag/Flashlight Pouch

I won't go into all my carry issues, or which I have many. My type "A" personality leads me astray at times. However, I'm trying to find a leather combo magazine/flashlight pouch for a 1911 mag and a Surefire 6Z lens down. Done a lot of searching one the web and haven't found it yet. Anyone know of any? Thanks.

E Pluribus Unum
Old 05-10-2006, 11:29 PM

When you find one let me know who has it as I use a 6z with lanyard attached and need just the set up you are looking for.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:52 PM

Not exactly but related see this discussion of bezel down "Rogers" method

Quote:
Does anyone make a leather Flashlight Pouch designed to carry an E2e or Z2 "BEZEL DOWN" (for Rogers Method)
thread here with nice pictures of a full custom rig.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:11 PM

Thanks

Thanks Clark. I saw that thread last week. For years I have been using a Blade-tech holster and combo setup for my Glock 23. I've since changed duty weapons to a Springfield Proffessional Model with light rail. And while I still like some Blade-tech products I feel their quaility has decreased a little. For example, I have an older combo pouch for my G23 with the hardware recessed. The one I have now for the 1911 the hardware is not recessed. This is scraping up my belt in a way I don't like. In addition to that, I firuge if I'm going to carry a custom pistol like the Springfield, she deserves to be in nice leather. I've ordered a Highnoon Slideguard and belt to replace the Milt Sparks 55BN and Mitch Rosen belt that I'm using. Not happy with either. Now if I can find the combo pouch I'll be even happy.

Tim if I find one I'll let you know.

E Pluribus Unum
Old 05-12-2006, 01:31 AM

Wilson Combat

Wilson Combat makes a leather or sharkskin dual mag and light carrier with the light caried in the bezel down position. Check it out at http://www.wilsoncombat.com/l_combo_pouch.asp However, it's only available in black.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:32 AM

Since day 1 of carrying I've used Brommeland stuff - holster, belt and mag/flash pouch. He only made the mag/flash pouch for a couple of Surefires and I went with the E2e because it fit the pouch and have been extremely happy with all the gear. Ask Gary if he makes what you need: http://www.brommelandgunleather.com/
Old 05-12-2006, 07:40 AM

Thanks guys. AD thanks, that might serve my need perfectly. I usually only wear black gear anyway. Very ninja like. Valkman, I've sent an e-mail to Gary to see if he can make what I need. I also e-mailed Josh Bulman to see if he made one and unfortunately he doesn't. Before I'm ordering the Wilson I'll wait to hear from Gary. Take care.

E Pluribus Unum
Old 05-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Banned

Matt;

Milt Sparks will make you up a combo pouch. It's not listed on their website, but just give them a call.

Mine is for a 1911 magazine and a surefire 6P bezel up. Maybe they can do the bezel down if you inquire.

The above two shots are of my EDC rig.

Good luck with your search.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:51 PM

I logged on looking for just this info...

Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings both sorrows and joys alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt