1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Hardware & Accessories > Kydex and Leather Gear

Old 04-30-2006, 11:22 AM

Para carry grip size

Hi im new to this site, I usually dont have to ask others gun questions but im having trouble finding info. I just bought a para ord carry model and to my best knowledge its basicly a c6.45. My ? is about after market grips and what fits, heres what I know My gun measures 4.75 tall, a warthog is only 4.5 tall, and a ccw is 5'' tall. I used to own a colt defender and this carry I just got seems to be the same size but not positive. Anyway I was looking @ some grips that say they fit c series para, colt defender, kimber compacts and others that take 6 rnd flush mags. So do defender grips interchange? Any help or info greatly appreciated.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry I can't say for sure about your C6.45, but I had a C7.45 Para Companion (3.5" barrel) that took the same grip as my Colt Defender. I'd guess that any "officer's size" grips would work.

Good shooting.....Rod.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:27 PM

Contact the grip maker and ask 'em.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:35 AM

Grips not that simple

Hey EMEISTER,

I'm pretty new here also and I'm usually quick to listen and slow to give advice; I learn more that way. I do, however, have a Para CWX645 Stealth Carry and have found out that grips and magazines and a couple of other things are "just enough different" to be "different". The grip screws on mine had some very small o-rings (which fell apart the first time I tok the grips off) under the screw heads to prevent the screws from protruding into the magazine well (try to drop a mag when the screws are dragging on it) . Below is a thread that I started a couple of months ago that may help a little. The other fellows who posted at that time had some great info, not to mention some fantastically good looking Paras.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=137466

Once I got my "little" Para broken in (less than 100 rounds for mine) it is extremely accurate and reliable. I think that once you get used to it you will love it. This thing is 6 oz. heavier than my Kimber Ultra but much more concealable and with a good holster the weight isn't noticeable to any signifigant degree.

Even though I'm relatively new here, welcome. You will find more information and help here than you would ever believe.

Good Luck and Good Shooting,
Tbolt
Old 05-01-2006, 06:06 PM

Thanks

Thanks for the help Tbolt,And I will remember not to lose the o-rings when I take the grips off.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:25 PM

Actually two of the o-rings were broken and fell apart when the screws came out. My fix was to dremmel grind (very carefully) the protruding screws on the inside of the magwell. The grips on my 645 are thinner than on other Paras. I don't know if there is a "shorter" screw available and the Para gunsmith was out of them and the o-ring is a field expedient or maybe they think that nobody will notice and only have the longer screws . Very small problem once I figured out why my mags were hanging up.

You're really going to enjoy this pistol and the fantastic trigger once you get used to it .

My only regret has been that after spending over 1K$ on it, five months later, I was in a local high volume low margin super sports center that had the CWX645 on sale for $649.95 .

Regards,
Tbolt