1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Para USA

Old 01-02-2006, 05:50 PM

Magazine oddity on new 1640 LDA

Just noticed tonight that of the two mags that came with my new 1640 LDA Limited one was stamped LEO and the other wasn't. They appeared to be identical otherwise.

Anybody know if the magazines Para is shipping from ParaProShop.com are stamped LEO? For that matter, anybody know of a better source for double-stack mags for the Para LDA guns? $50 for a cheap stamped-metal magazine is insane!

John
Old 01-02-2006, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud John
Just noticed tonight that of the two mags that came with my new 1640 LDA Limited one was stamped LEO and the other wasn't. They appeared to be identical otherwise.

Anybody know if the magazines Para is shipping from ParaProShop.com are stamped LEO? For that matter, anybody know of a better source for double-stack mags for the Para LDA guns? $50 for a cheap stamped-metal magazine is insane!

John
Since the AWB sunset, the stamping is meaningless (except for folks living in commie states like MA, CA, etc.). It just means they are running low on the pre/post-ban mags.

I can find the 45ACP mags for $39, but $49 is about the rate for the 40cal mags.
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/paraordnance.html
Old 01-02-2006, 09:03 PM

Thanks - I know the LEO stamping is meaningless now but I'm thinking ahead. The next time the gun-grabbers come to power and they enact another stupid restriction how will you tell the difference between a magazine that was stamped LEO for the first ban but purchased legally between the sunset of the first ban and the enactment of the second ban, and a magazine that was purchased under the second ban and is thus illegal?

That's why I can't see myself spending $50 a pop for magazines where the legality could likely become ambiguous in a couple of years.

John (it ain't paranoia anymore if it's already happened once )
Old 01-02-2006, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud John
Thanks - I know the LEO stamping is meaningless now but I'm thinking ahead. The next time the gun-grabbers come to power and they enact another stupid restriction how will you tell the difference between a magazine that was stamped LEO for the first ban but purchased legally between the sunset of the first ban and the enactment of the second ban, and a magazine that was purchased under the second ban and is thus illegal?

That's why I can't see myself spending $50 a pop for magazines where the legality could likely become ambiguous in a couple of years.

John (it ain't paranoia anymore if it's already happened once )
Good point, but I feel sure that newly banned mags would have to be ID'd somehow for prosecutorial purposes. Maybe they'll say "LE/Govt Only -- AWB2" or "LE/Govt Only -- Skerry/Klinton Special"... or "LE/Govt Only -- Keeping you safe from yourselves".
Old 01-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Banned

Brownells carries Para factory parts.

-- Chuck