1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Hardware & Accessories > Reloading Bench

Old 12-14-2005, 11:36 AM

Penn Bullets 152 gr. SWC

Would appreciate any recommendations for minimum-maximum loadings (with Bullseye powder) for a 152 gr. lead SWC bullet made by Penn Bullets.

Thanks

Andy

"It's Never Too Late To Have A Happy Childhood"
Old 12-14-2005, 02:56 PM

Any special caliber ?
Old 12-14-2005, 10:13 PM

152g sounds quite light for 45acp. More info?

Old 12-15-2005, 05:54 AM

oh be careful

It's a 45 ACP originally designed for comp'd guns.

Bullseye is wayfast for that bullet; highly recommend contacting Mr. P at Penn Bullets directly; he can offer data (but maybe not with Bullseye; you'll have to ask......or maybe run a 7lb spring )
Old 12-15-2005, 10:14 AM

Reference "152g sounds quite light for 45acp. More info?" See Penn Bullets offerings at http://www.pennbullets.com/45/45-caliber.html

Saw Penn Bullets table at the latest Dulles Expo Center gun show; bought 500each of both .452 152 gr. SWC and .452 225 gr. BBWC .

I'm looking for anyone's thoughts on recommended min-max target loads for my S&W 25-2; I shoot .45 ACP with moon clips.

As to Bullseye being too fast burning, I was thinking the same thing. Couldn't find any recommeded loads for a .452 152 gr. bullet in any of the reloading manuals or on-line. Any recommendations on a slower - clean burning - powder to use for the two bullets listed above would be appreciated?

As I ere on the side of caution when reloading, if I can't find published data for a particular load I want to work up I'll ask for opinions, and if the consensus passes my common sense test, use that as a starting point.

I contacted Mr. P. via e-mail with the above request - no response - thus request for the same information here.

Thanks

Andy

Old 12-15-2005, 12:11 PM
Banned

Lee has load data listed for a .45 caliber 155 Grain Lead Bullet using Bullseye powder.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airevie
I contacted Mr. P. via e-mail with the above request - no response - thus request for the same information here.
Andy give him a day or two. I ordered 4K 200gr. SWC off him and asked him for some info way after the sale. I was impressed that he took so much time and put the effort into answer my questions. He came across as "Good People".
Old 12-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Banned

For anyone else that might be interested, Alliant (the manufacturer of Bullseye and various other powders), has several loads for 155 Grain Cast Lead bullets in .45ACP in their online Interactive Reloading Guide including one for Bullseye powder.

http://recipes.alliantpowder.com/

I don't use any of their powders, but they seem to have quite a bit of load data available online.