1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Kimber

Old 10-18-2005, 07:11 PM

Just got my Pro CDP back from Kimber

I just got my Pro CDP back from Kimber today. I had sent it in for FTF and magazine would not pop out when released. Well!! it came back with a new slide with internal extractor. I don't know what they did to the mag but when you push the release button it launches.(better be ready to catch it) It also has different night sites on it than before. I had also sent in my Ultra Carry II and when I called to find out statuys they told me they were waiting on a new slide for it and would be at least another 10 days or so. I will go to the range on monday and let you know how the CDP works.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:20 PM

When did you send your guns in?
Old 10-18-2005, 07:28 PM

Nice! I wonder what will happen when they run out of slides and have external extractor guns pouring in for fte problems after folks get wind of the slide replacement. I predict looooong delays at Kimber real soon.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:03 PM

Kimber is freakin me out!

That is an amazing turn of event's starting to go on over at Kimber. I wonder if it is cheaper for them to just replace the slide with an In-ex than to put a bunch of labor hours trying to fix the problem on the ex-ex.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:03 PM

Only reason is internal!

When I bought my Pro CDP II a couple of months ago the ONLY reason I bought it was because it had an internal extractor. Oh, sure, the price was right as the sporting goods store I bought it at was closing. Even so, if it had the external I would have let it sit in the case.

I figured it was my last chance to purchase a NIB internal extractor Kimber. Looks like that may not be the case after all especially if Kimber is replacing the external slides with internals. I can't see the external sticking around for too much longer.

I guess in regards to the Kimber external extractor maybe "all bad things come to an end". At least we will still have the Swartz safety to complain about plus a few more odds and ends that may pop up here and there.
Wisdom or money can get you almost anything, but its important to know that only wisdom can save your life. Ecclesiastes 7:12
Old 10-18-2005, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspipes
When did you send your guns in?
From the time I sent it in till I got it back was 13 days. However they still have my Ulta Carry II and said it would be at least 10 more days on it. I tried to get more info from Kimber on the external extactors being replace and the only thing they would tell me is that my slide was out of spec.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootalot
When I bought my Pro CDP II a couple of months ago the ONLY reason I bought it was because it had an internal extractor. Oh, sure, the price was right as the sporting goods store I bought it at was closing. Even so, if it had the external I would have let it sit in the case.

I figured it was my last chance to purchase a NIB internal extractor Kimber. Looks like that may not be the case after all especially if Kimber is replacing the external slides with internals. I can't see the external sticking around for too much longer.

I guess in regards to the Kimber external extractor maybe "all bad things come to an end". At least we will still have the Swartz safety to complain about plus a few more odds and ends that may pop up here and there.
Have you had any FTE or FTF problems with your INT/EXT?

My Pro CDP is in Yonkers as I type..
Old 10-18-2005, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA1
Have you had any FTE or FTF problems with your INT/EXT?

My Pro CDP is in Yonkers as I type..
I've have had no failures to feed and no failures to extract with my Pro CDP II with the internal extractor as of yet.

Of course, I only have about 1000 rounds through it so far. (I've owned it for less than two months) Tomorrow I plan on punching a couple hundred more holes but I fully expect nothing less than the performance it's shown so far.
Wisdom or money can get you almost anything, but its important to know that only wisdom can save your life. Ecclesiastes 7:12
Old 10-18-2005, 10:18 PM

Make that TWO!!!!!!

I don't know if you all remeber starting a thread called "Have I got some news for you", but in it I posted that Kimber had stated they would give me an internal extractor, and today....I got it back! My Pro CDP with a new slide and internal extractor. It is a thing of beauty! I shoot it tomarow!