1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > General Gun Discussion

Old 08-14-2005, 09:36 PM

Jericho 941 in Philippines

Hi fellow shooters,

Im planning to buy a jericho 9mm or 40 cal this year or the next, i heard alot of good things with the jericho (except for the polymer one). their said to be tough,reliable and because thier heavy the recoil is less compared to the polymers frame pistols. my only concern is the availablity of its parts, are there stores in the philippines that sell jericho parts?

Last edited by _TYKE_; 08-15-2005 at 01:39 AM.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:30 AM

Jericho pistol parts are made by Tanfoglio in Italy. Some of the Tanfoglio line is sold by EAA in the US. My custom carry gun is built with a Tanfoglio frame, Jericho slide and Tanfoglio match barrel - all parts are interchangable. Some parts will fit CZ75s as well but not all.

I do not know about parts availability in Philipines but you can find Tanfoglio parts in many parts fo the world, just visit their website www.tanfoglio.it for distributors.

Old 08-15-2005, 10:30 PM

thanks Monkey-man,by the way what are the things you customized in your unit? just curious
Old 08-16-2005, 01:09 AM
Banned

jericho is made by IMI in israel. it is the same gun as the magnum research baby eagle. the pistol is very similiar to the witness though.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:24 AM

yah its also the same company that make the desert eagle, uzi, ingram.....i kind of like the isreali weapons, tough and durable....sad to say, their tainted with hollywood's notion and fallacies with these guns.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:50 AM

Lefty O - ALL Jericho parts are made by Tanfoglio in Italy. Parts are finished in Israel and assembled into working guns. Tanfoglio do a couple of things differently for Jericho by their special request like the excellent angled lightening cuts along the top of the slide and the extra short slide, which is why I use the Jericho slide on my Tanfoglio pistol. The Jericho black finish is also better than Tanfoglio's black finish, Jericho uses the 'Black T' special teflon process.

Tyke - I used the Tanfoglio 9x19 Compact frame with electroless nickel finish. I did a trigger job on it and fitted the ambidextrous safety. The slide is the Jericho Compact slide which is lighter, narrower and shorter than the Tanfoglio compact. It has been fitted to the frame. The barrel is a Tanfoglio match barrel that has been fitted to the slide and shortened.

I am very happy with the package but have been begging Massimo Tanfoglio to build an alloy frame for years. I distribute these guns in the Caribbean and we need small light guns for concealment under tropical clothing. The plastic frames are too bulky for comfortable carry. Massimo has shipped a prototype pistol to me which is much like a polymer version of the CZ Rami, I should have it in a couple of weeks for testing.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:32 AM

hey tyke, do they sell HK USPs in the PI? Its been awhile since I was last down there, lots of great weapons for sale...
Old 08-17-2005, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv_8
hey tyke, do they sell HK USPs in the PI? Its been awhile since I was last down there, lots of great weapons for sale...
yah the do sell HK 9mm USPs in the philippines, dont know how much in luzon and visayas. but here in the province, mindanao there worth 54-57,000 php. (how much is the US dollar?56 something, prices in the province are a bit expensive)the jericho 941 costs around 44,000-49,000 php. actually my classmate in the intermediate class used a USP 9mm which he perchased from a local guns store.

Last edited by _TYKE_; 08-18-2005 at 01:30 AM.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:01 PM

damn, guns are getting expensive down there. I remember MP5s being sold at 50000 back in the early 90s.

Enjoy your jericho.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:46 PM

Quote:
damn, guns are getting expensive down there. I remember MP5s being sold at 50000 back in the early 90s.

Enjoy your jericho.
wow, 50,000 php now days thats a bargain....or theres something wrong with the gun hehehehhheeheh......well i decided not ot buy a jericho, i think i'll go for the cz 75.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:40 AM

try to ask the same question at glocktalk.com under band of glockers. Most are from the philippines and know the prices there
Old 08-19-2005, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TYKE_
wow, 50,000 php now days thats a bargain....or theres something wrong with the gun hehehehhheeheh......well i decided not ot buy a jericho, i think i'll go for the cz 75.
if you think thats a bargain, back in the 80s (83 or 84) I knew a guy who was trying to sell CAR-15s (real colts, not the PI armalite ones) for 1500 a piece! Minimum of 5 per buyer. Ahhh the good ole days...
Old 08-19-2005, 07:34 PM

good choice on the cz. it will be my first choice in production division
Old 08-21-2005, 08:55 PM

Quote:
if you think thats a bargain, back in the 80s (83 or 84) I knew a guy who was trying to sell CAR-15s (real colts, not the PI armalite ones) for 1500 a piece! Minimum of 5 per buyer. Ahhh the good ole days...

yah couple of shooting buddies of mine were reminiscing and regretting the other day of the years that gone by when the para-or was still affordable hehehehehehehe....now owning a para is a previlege. I think back then little is known of the para-ord brand. when did the para got its good reputation and review,?