1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Other Firearms & Tools > Browning Hi-Power

Old 07-23-2005, 10:47 AM

Arcus Model 94

I found lots of information on the Arcus Model 94 at the old FNHipower forum. After reading many posts there about the Arcus being a good value, I purchased one from AIM Surplus. Everything I read was true. My son and I took it to the range again yesterday and had a great time. We put a couple boxes of Winchester 115gr fmj and Remington UMC 115gr fmj through it and it functioned flawlessly. Now I wish I would have bought two of them...since he's probably going to steal this one from me someday!

Moonlitin
Old 07-24-2005, 11:22 AM

tht thing is sweet. I love that look of the hammer back ready to pop another primer. That ARCUS looks better than a p226!
Old 07-27-2005, 06:13 AM

The Arcus 94 really is excellent value. It's good enough to stand on its quality instead of its price. The thing shoots beautifully, handles well, and is built like a tank. In a pinch you can wallop an attacker with it if you run out of ammunition. It also accepts standard Hi-Power grips and, of course, magazines. The only problem is that it won't fit a Hi-Power holster. Have you found anyone who makes a holster for it?

After experiencing the Arcus 94 I'm much interested in the compact version--the 94C, I think is the designation. Does anyone here have one and would share impressions and experience with it?
Old 07-27-2005, 10:48 AM

I have heard that the SIGP226 9mm holster will fit the arcus 94.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkblair
I have heard that the SIGP226 9mm holster will fit the arcus 94.
Ahh, nice. That's at least a lead, for which I'm grateful to you. Thank you.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:24 PM

I have a CZ75 IWB clip-on holster that fits my Arcus very well. Haven't tried other holsters. The local holster guy also had one for a Browning BDM. That fit also, but it was a tight fit and I expect it would have had to be worked in a little. He said he felt the CZ75 holster was the best fit (not too loose, not too tight). Of course, I could have left the gun with him for a truly custom fit, but I wanted to have it for the next range trip and this guy does take a few weeks.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:51 AM

Arcus compared to original HP

Hello Moonlitin. How did your Arcus perform compared to the original Hi Power? Does it bite your hands? It is heavier due to the squared back end of the slide? Did the squared back end of the slide change the natural pointing quality of the original HP? Any complaints?

I'm thinking of getting the Arcus 94c. Thanks.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:30 PM

Arcus vs. Browning HP?

Hi sarabellum. I don't own a Browning Hi Power, so I can't say how the Arcus shoots compared to the Browning HP.

I can tell you that it has been 100% reliable for me and I have not ever been bitten by the slide. I have the two Arcus mags that came with it along with a couple of 13 and 15 round Mec Gars.

I didn't care for the grips that came with it, so I replaced them with a set of Pachmayrs.

Moonlitin