1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Other 1911's

Old 02-27-2005, 01:38 AM

Griffon 1911 Combat

Does Anyone Know Who Is Stocking And Selling The Griffon 1911 A-1 Combat 45acp?????
Old 02-27-2005, 02:24 AM

I have not seen one for a few years. I am not sure that they are still being imported. They seemed to be fairly well built. I never understood porting the slide but not the barrel.

ranburr
Old 02-27-2005, 11:29 AM

When they first hit the market an FFL I do business with had them for $364. He no longer handles them. At the last show I saw one for $647. I would have bought one from my FFL if the slide wasn't so drug store cowboy.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:09 PM

Griffon

Last I saw one was on either gunbroker, gunsamerica or auctionarms, periodically appearing.

Prices were between 300-400, like stated before (that was almost a year ago when I was looking for a friend - he ended up getting a SAM and has been pretty happy with that).

I second the motion on the slide being ported, I suppose you could then port the barrel if so desired. I never saw one up close, but it seemed like a good pistol for the price, liked the commander size for carry, but never knew anyone who had one to see if they held up to use.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:17 PM

I have one. I'll have to dig out my range bag and take a look at it. It's been at least a year since I shot it. I got it from the guy in Fort Worth TX that was importing them. He only a couple left and said no more were going to be made or imported at the time. Glad I got it.

I'm working on finishing my d-i-y 1911a1 with fac compensated barrel, old safari arms aluminium frame, remington rand slide and bunches of other stuff from brownells. It's at the gunsmith's getting refinished in od green (brownells gun kote) & sights put on (lpa adjustable cheapies). Next project is the 1911 10mm on a safari stainless frame and sti slide (in the white). Thinking of a nowlin drop-in 10mm barrel for this project (and a 40s&W to keep it company).

Mel