1911Forum banner

New Para 1911 Black Ops

15K views 33 replies 12 participants last post by  1stmar 
#1 ·
Just picked up my new piece of awesomeness!! New Para 1911 Black OPS!! I've been researching and looking for a perfect Tactical 1911 and finally made my choice and am very happy with this weapon!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks nice. One thing I added to my 14/45 is the Smith and Alexander Partial Magwell. It forms the mag base to make it look like a flush bottom. It would look good on the all black look of your gun. just minor Gun Smithing needed to fit the new Main Spring Housing on. Also removed the plastic one that comes on the Para's.

Have fun breaking it in. BTW, use rounded bullet ammo, not HP's that have flattend nose, I have had feed issues and that may be the rason. Try both and see becuase I'm curious to see your results after breaking it in with 500 rounds. mix it up on ammo types but don't get to many of the HP's with the flatter sides and nose. See my pic's for ideas, I'll be looking for your feedback!

;)

Ammunition Bullet Brass Metal

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun

Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

#5 ·
BaddAss looking piece there. Kind of curious about the adjustable rear sights on a tactical weapon. Was that a special order or is that standard equipment?

#6 ·
The Black ops has three different versions., this is just one of them. the others are their double stack version and the other is identical to mine with night sights.. To be honest this version (limited) just seemed right when I held it in my hand and went this direction. Cant explain it.. it just talked to me!...

#8 ·
Love Mine!

Congrats on your new Black Ops! I got the 14 round Black Ops with night sights. My new favorite handgun! Fits my hand perfectly and is a SWEET shooter. Ran some 230 gr ball ammo, 185 gr Hornady JHP reloads, and some 230 gr LRN through it. Ran like a top, no issues at all! Hope you enjoy yours too! Have fun!

#9 ·
To be honest this version (limited) just seemed right when I held it in my hand and went this direction. Cant explain it.. it just talked to me!...[/QUOTE]

HAH! I know what you mean. That happenened to me the first time I had a 14.45 in my mitts. There is just something about them that screams, OWN ME! So I now have two, a Limited and an LDA:rock:..and they both drill with no function problems at all, specially with the LSWC I load. Don't forget the range report that's mandatory for us here....Lol!

#11 ·
To be honest this version (limited) just seemed right when I held it in my hand and went this direction. Cant explain it.. it just talked to me!...
HAH! I know what you mean. That happenened to me the first time I had a 14.45 in my mitts. There is just something about them that screams, OWN ME! So I now have two, a Limited and an LDA:rock:..and they both drill with no function problems at all, specially with the LSWC I load. Don't forget the range report that's mandatory for us here....Lol![/QUOTE]

A range report should be posted Saturday afternoon.. should be nice outside.. now to find bullets! well more bullets...

#12 · (Edited)
**Range Report**
Fired my new Para Black Ops 1911 yesterday morning.. lets just say it is.. Awesome.. super accurate and a pleasure to shoot.. I put 125 rounds trough it with no problems.. 230 grain ball ammo (Winchester white box) fed perfectly... I am super impressed with this gun and with the magazines para supplied... I had no MF or FTF at all.. It wasn't all hearts and flowers the only issue if this is even an issue with the gun is the trigger reset, had to get used to it.. it may just need some fine tuning., we shall see. I was able to hit targets at well over 75-80 ft away, the grips held up great and fit my hand like a glove... I'm very happy with the results, I would have fired more rounds but my Para Black Ops was sharing time with my regular EDC Kimber Super Carry Pro...

#17 ·
75 or so rounds this afternoon..running like a champ with no problems.. this weapon is just great, works great, runs great... just have to figure out this trigger reset and i'm in the money!! View attachment 93325

View attachment 93326
Awesome pics! I love the look of the muzzle blast on the IonBond near the front serrations....and the fact that it cleans up so easy!

#24 ·
I picked it up in Colorado Springs, CO at Sportsman Warehouse, they had both the limited which i picked up and the night sight version.. When I went to pay for it they walked into the back and pulled another Limited out of the box with no slide markings, once I noticed it was quickly fixed.. we tried to figure out if there was any other difference and all we could come up with was that there was no other differences but the skull logo... The salesman wasn't tracking if it was a special run of BlackOps.. All I know is that it looked cool and she was going home with me.. Its been running like a champ.. I'm impressed with Para...

#28 ·
After a week of rain, cold, work, and the holiday, I've had a chance to shoot my 10/45 PARA Black Ops!!! Amazing! I read reviews about how accurate they are.... THEY ARE! Fit, finish, reliability. This "thang got it all". I've been shooting 185 gr XTP and 200 gr ball ammo with only a few ftf on first twenty rounds. After a good lube on the gun I addressed the mags. Magazine was the problem. Flushed them out and oiled both. Not another problem (at over 200 rounds now). One last important comment ; I am 5' 4" tall, and the double stack is very comfortable as well as positioning my trigger finger, just right. Right hand, left hand, targets or clean-out on hog traps.... "no worries" . Hats off to PARA.

#29 ·
Took mine to CCW class a couple weeks back. Let several people shoot it, they all liked it. I know a 14-45 Black Ops is probably too big for EDC, but it is such a sweet shooter!! Attached a light to mine, took it outside one night,,,with the night sights and the light,, let's just say it's an awesome picture!!

#31 ·
MAN! That's a good looking weapon. Wonder if those grips will fit my Canadian 14.45's. Do you know who makes the grips? Are they marked on the inside?

#34 ·
I think I saw a posting that said they were having a Xmas sale. Grips usually run in the $75 range I believe. I have a pair for a single stack. They are excellent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.