1911Forum banner

Best day to play- pick every option when you're usually good to go or anytime

We now have a Battlefield 3 platoon

25K views 139 replies 43 participants last post by  jermzzzzzzz 
#1 ·
I created a platoon on Battlelog to help us get together to play easier. The link is below. If the link doesn't work just click on platoons and search for 1911 Forum. Just apply with your forum username and I'll approve it after I make sure you're on the forum. If I can I'll add a few more people from the forum to help manage the whole deal if this thing takes off like I hope it does.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655391554753899/

#88 ·
I don't have it yet either, but I haven't been making a conscious effort to use it instead of the knife or easy kills with my primary. You can see how many kills you have so far with battlelog. I have about 30 with the suppressed 1911, app others are less than that. Not a bad goal though.

I've been playing more recently, I'm usually on/off between 7pm and 12 or 1am CST. Had a little trouble joining in with you guys that have Premium since I don't have Close Quarters yet but that should be fixed by payday.

#89 ·
So I have to log In with my pc ok.
I randomly got the dog tag for the fs2000 trying to get 25 head shots to unlock some gun.
I really want the 1911 tags lol.
By the way the dog tags for hand guns wount count ur kills unless it's the plain Jane hand gun no light or suppressor .

Dose any one know when/how you unlock the p90.

#90 ·
P90 is unlocked at level 40, it's definitely worth putting the time in to get adjusted to it. The irons aren't very good, but you unlock a red dot at 10 kills. It has my highest kills/min out of my primary weapons with over 100 kills (also useful info available on battlelog) at .87. Second place is the M16A3 at .78. While that's not a K/Min for either that doesn't factor in everything else for score per min. P90 can also be used with any class so if you are having trouble with leveling up a class to get that one weapon it's pretty useful. High rate of fire, 50 round magazine, very little recoils with a suppressor and the red dot is all you need for close/medium firefights. Not too hot at long range so there's no real benefit to any other optic.

#91 ·
I'm liking the m416 think it's m416a1, right now for my assault class.

I wish I could find this site that listed when and how to unlock every thing.

One thing I'd to know is when/how you unlock camo for the gun lol one thing I like is how there's less stupid add ons vs cod lol...

#92 ·
Here goes information overload.
The M416 is Battlefield's version of the H&K 416. Basically H&K's attempt to put a second horse in the race for the US Armed Forces next duty rifle (they also placed a bid with their G36 model). The 416 has very minor differences from the current GI's carbine except that it uses a piston driven gas system instead of the direct impingement gas system they use now.

www.battlelog.battlefield.com will have all the info you need regarding how and when you unlock weapons and attachments.

It is my understanding that weapon camo is only available to premium players, as is the new knife. You will unlock camo for your soldier as you level up.

The weapons included with the expansion pack are unlocked by completing assignments. Some are pretty easy like ten heals with the med kit and 10 revives with the defib. Others are not as easy.

You can see some of this info through the game menus under my soldier, progression, stats, etc. The more detailed information such as kills/min with various weapons is only on battlelog. Good news is you can access battlelog on just about any smartphone web browser and they have an iPhone app where you can see some but not all of the info on battlelog.

Ben- next time I'm online we can go into party chat and I'll try to either answer any question you come up with or point you in the right direction to get your answer. There are a lot of tools available and I have been fortunate to be able to use them to keep my stats at least marginally respectable instead of embarrassing. It's like GI Joe said (80's/90's kid alert) "Knowing is half the battle"

Feel free to ask any more questions y'all have! I rather enjoyed it

#93 ·
I had a feeling that's what it was , saw them testing if out on future weapons.
I wish my head set wasn't eaten by my cat but I'll be fixing that soon :).

I all most sold the game a few months ago. I stoped playing after buying the short cut unlock and feeling riped off thinking I was getting more. I only started playing again after seeing all the new up dates.

There's a few things I'm stuck on ... The 50 kills and 25 head shots with the l96 or what ever it's called bolt action rifle. One of the other assignments that I needed to do with a sniper rifle I just ran around cq team death match with a semi auto with iron sites lol.

The one this I miss from past battlefield games is the .50 cal I think it's cause I never know how to use the mill dots to figure out bullet drop.
With the .50 it was more point of aim.

#94 ·
I'll admit I bought the co-op weapons pack when it was on sale for 120 microsoft points (it was on big time sale, I had spare points/nothing to spend them on, and I didn't feel like spending 6 hours just to unlock them all).

Which shortcut pack did you buy? Best thing for the sniper assignments is posting up for a few games and completely whoring yourself out to two or three good views with easy sniper shots. With practice after a few games you'll be nailing he headshots you need.

I'm sure they'll have a 50 cal in one of the upcoming DLCs. People were super mad that DICE didn't put the ACR, SCAR Light, Famas, AUG, H&K LMG (MG36), and others, but low and behold they were in the DLC.

Conquest is good for sniping and sniping assignments. The maps are larger than some of the other game types and the place where the action is doesn't change because the check points don't change like they do in Rush game types.

Side bar: Check your PMs, I may have a temporary solution to your headset problem.

#95 ·
I got the short cut for I think every thing . Or just weapons gadgets and planes and tanks .
I didn't even know there was a new knife or how to chose it .

I've been playing bf since modern combat, and bought everything on 360 since.was pretty good sniper but for some reason not in bf3.I can't find good hiding spots and can't judge bullet drop/range in this game .

#97 ·
The new knife is only for premium players. To be honest I don't know if it does anything special other than it's not the standard everyone else has. I'll do some research.

^coolbreeze1911- if you play on Xbox and you're not in the platoon, we'd love to have you join and play online with us. Seems like there's at least one of us on every night if not more!

#98 ·
I'm in

^coolbreeze1911- if you play on Xbox and you're not in the platoon, we'd love to have you join and play online with us. Seems like there's at least one of us on every night if not more![/QUOTE]

I'm in. I don't have premium but I'll be turning on the XBox in 10min. My tag is my handle here.

#102 ·
I added a poll so we can mark when we're each available to play, we can use this to get an idea of who should be on when so we always have someone to party up with if we want. If y'all are interested we could try to pick a day/time that's our "day to play" or whatever you want to call it. Use the poll and leave a post if you would be interested in set day/time of the week for as many of us to play together.

#109 ·
Didn't get one
User name low end killed

Finally got the jacket of all trades the sniping part was killing me, since I had
Had to get the carbon fiber sniping dog tag first.. God I hate bolt action sniper rifles.
On fire storm got my longest kill not sure if it's updated yet 392m.
I waS on the mountain ridge near the us base and got a few kills at the Russian base guess I don't know how big a meter is lol. I was useing the 12x scope and was useing the line on the very bottom of the scope??? I know battle log update once a hour so that 392m could of been a different map.
Can you tell I'm pumped.....

Think some one can post every one user Xbox tag so we don't have to dig through 5 pages to send out friend request?

#114 ·
I think there a couple guys who commented that they play on PC in the Battlefield thread. You might try looking there or creating a new thread to organize them and have your own PC Platoon. I started this thread and the Xbox platoon because that's what I play on and the guys that play on Xbox weren't organized. I'm not holding squatter's rights on any "1911 Forum" Platoon copyright or anything. I would do one thing I didn't do, check with a Moderator and get the "OK". I probably stepped on a few toes by making the platoon without checking, but thankfully there's a mod who plays on Xbox and I put myself in good graces with him. His forum name is M4finny. If I can help y'all get started or you have any questions about battlelog or whatever else just let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.