1911Forum banner

"The Test" Force-on-Force near Atlanta 4/10/05

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Tim Burke 
#1 ·
"The Test" Force-on-Force February 23, 2005

New date available

Due to popular demand (and the fact that the date became free), I'm scheduling "The Test", a day of force-on-force tactical decision making.

Ever wondered how you would perform in a real confrontation? Here's a chance to find out as PDT will offer "The Test" on 4/10/05 at South River Gun Club in Covington, GA. This is a day of inter-active, force-on-force training against human adversaries. This program is designed to provide you with "emotionally significant events" so that if you are ever involved in an actual conflict, you will have relevant experience. Short of being involved in a genuine attack, this is the closest you can come to the real thing. You will be provided with all equipment needed which includes Glock 17 marking guns and revolvers which fire marking rounds and all protective equipment. Each attendee will participate in multiple scripted realistic scenarios of their own as well as participating as role players during other attendees scenarios. Your actions will be individually critiqued during an after action debriefing and weather permitting, each scenario will be video taped for possible use during the group debrief.

Normally, this type of training is restricted to military/LE but this session is open for civilians. Tuition is $150.00 per person. A link to the online registration is https://www.personaldefensetraining.com/showpage.php?target=application.php&calendarId=46 50% deposit is required to secure a reservation with final balance at least ten business days prior to the class date. Class size is limited to 8.
Thank you!

If interested, please contact me as these sessions tend to fill up quickly due to limited class size and limited availablility.

David Blinder

david@personaldefensetraining.com

877-442-8006 toll free

See less See more
#4 ·
I highly recommend this type of training. It will bring your self defense training into a new perspective if you haven't incorporated realistic stress into your training regiment.

Happy training,
Ross T.

hmmmmm..... wondering if i can stick the word "training" anywhere else in my post???? :)

#5 ·
There is no better training than force-on-force. All those concepts that you think work, or read about by "experts" will be proven or sh*tcanned right there on the X. You will learn what works, what works for you and your particular gear, what's Hollywood and gain better confidence in your abilities and understanding the law. It's 1st class training. $150 is a bargain.

#6 ·
Thank you all for your comments.

BreacherUp!, I agree there is no better training than FoF but it also has to be conducted properly. Done poorly, participants learn either bad tactics or nothing worth knowing. Done well, it is an awesome learning experience that leaves you humble but better off.

#7 ·
David Blinder said:
Thank you all for your comments.

BreacherUp!, I agree there is no better training than FoF but it also has to be conducted properly. Done poorly, participants learn either bad tactics or nothing worth knowing. Done well, it is an awesome learning experience that leaves you humble but better off.
I should have added the "proper training" line. You are 100% correct

#12 ·
It will begin at 8:00 and you don't want to be late. Anyone who misses the safety briefing doesn't stay. Should end about 6:00 but there will be times during the day that you'll wish it was already over and other times that you wish it never ended. I've got a great team of roleplayers and several of the other attendees are highly squared away individuals so it should be a great day.

#13 ·
Just completed "The Test" put on by David at Personal Defense Training yesterday and all I can say is it is a must for anyone that takes personal defense seriously! Every scenario was completely realistic and plausable to the point that it is scary. I can tell you that I will never look at these situations the same again. I will also say that even though I handled certain situations well, I am much more prepared to handle those specific situations and many more much better in the future. I cannot recommend this class more highly and feel that anyone that doesn't seek this class out in the future is doing themselves a disservice.

#14 ·
As a role player, "The Test" is also very interesting. I learn something every time I do force-on-force. An aspect of David's scenarios is that some include "friendly" role players, not just hostiles and neutrals, which adds to the realism of the scenario.

This time the learning point was about shoot/don't shoot decision-making. When the conscious mind becomes overwhelmed by circumstances (which takes a lot less than people might think), the subconscious takes over. Unfortunately, the subconscious mind doesn't worry about consequences.

Without giving away essential components of "The Test", I will just say that I have become convinced that it is essential to have a very clear idea of what circumstances will and will not require deadly force. Unfortunately, the AOJP model, while a good theoretical model for attorneys and judges in the courtroom, is not a particularly useful model in the field nor under stress. You will have to give some thought to what circumstances will be your trip wire and which will not.

#15 ·
HeadHunter is right about the AOJP model. It is useful to know, in order to plan your actions prospectively, or explain them retrospectively. However, it is cumbersome to use it in real time to guide your actions. I think you need to have your Rules of Engagement internalized.
Lessons learned or reinforced this past Sunday:
1) Keep moving.
2) Use cover.
3) Whatever you are doing right, faster is better than slower. If you are doing something wrong, faster may not be better.
4) When the balloon goes up, no one will be selling programs. You have to figure out who the players are for yourself.
5) Your perceptions of time may be altered.
6) Guns have no place in male dominance displays.
7) If you have a gun, you shouldn't be engaging in contact distance confrontations.
8) OC is great for preventing contact distance confrontations.
9) An ounce of recon is worth a ton of lawyer.
10) Once things go to pot, there may be no good solutions.
11) There is a tendency toward tunnel vision during a confrontation.
12) 360 degree awareness is difficult to maintain when tunnel vision occurs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.