1911Forum banner

couple hundred rounds of mixed brand, thoughts...

868 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bigdogdaddy 
#1 ·
Picked up a brand I had never heard of, Independence. Nice looking, stamped blazer cases, probable reloads. Blew through 3 full mags, no issues, no problems. Seemed accurate even though I was not trying for MoA accuracy.

Then switched to some Remington UMC.... Holy carp, what junk. One jam out of every 3 mags. Not mag specific.

Switched back to the Independence. Smooth and easy. No issues. Burned through the box of UMC with continued FTFs. Then I burned through the rest of the Independence. No issues, smooth as silk. Poor gun was pretty powdered up by now as well.

So, for an unknown quantity from Idaho, the Independence ran through very well. The Fiocchi I had prior to this also ran through flawless. Fiocchi was a known brand to me since I have a few friends into the oddball European and Chinese arms.

As a cherry on top of this range sundae I got to shoot my buddies Russian Nagant 7.62. Serious nostalgia. Looked like this one but like it just came out of the factory, even though that was back in WWII or earlier times.

Good day of shooting up at altitude. I got home, ate some late lunch, early supper then napped for 4 hours. Got to love that fresh thin mountain air. :rock:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.