1911Forum banner

Undecided

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  supertac45 
#1 · (Edited)
All helpful insights are welcome.

I have been pondering for a couple years now on which LB I need. Yes need!
I have three in mind, the Prem. II, Prowler III or the Prem. II Super Tac. I'm sure I can't go wrong with any of them but if anyone has any pros or cons on any of them i would love to hear about them.:confused:

I would be using it mainly for CC and a buddy of mine were thinking about lookig into some IDPA matches.

What is the 1 1/2 package all about???

i

i

See less See more
#2 ·
I had a chance to buy a prowler, man that was a cool gun. I just didn't care for the way it had to be taken down for detailed cleaning. I'd say the PII is prolly the most common and popular.

I like the fixed sights on the Custom Carry or TRS. I don't do much range/target shooting though.

Best of luck satisfiying the "need" !!! :)

#7 ·
Back in 2001, I bought a Supertac with the 1 1/2 set up. Carried it exclusively for a CCW until 06. Still carry it. No malfunctions and it still feels great. I think the Thunder Ranch Commanche just feels GREATERRRRR! I also love my Sigs. Life sucks with choices. Any Baer 1911 makes a great carry in my book.

#13 ·
For $300 they gaurantee that it will shoot a 1.5" group at fifty yards. They ship a test target with the gun as proof. I have one and it is uber tight and smooth like it rides on ball bearings.

#9 ·
The 1.5" package means that LB guarantees that tight of a group at 50 yards. That is, if you are capable. It also means that the gun will be tighter. I bought a PII earlier this year with the 1.5 " and could not be happier.

#14 ·
The 1.5" package is listed at $295.00 in the LB catalog. If you are going to use the gun for CC you might also consider the Tactical package too. This is $75.00 and this gets all the sharp edges smoothed or rounded so it doesn't snag on anything. Some models come with this already. I personally would call John at Pro Load. He just might have exactly what you are looking for.

#16 ·
At Sprotingarms.com the 1.5 package is $170 and their prices on the guns are the lowest too. If it were really $300 I likely wouldnt buy into it but for $170 its a no brainer.

I buy the 1.5 on all my Baer's just because they spend a reported 8+ hours in hand fitting and detail which cant hurt. I also want to ensure that each Baer is nice and tight because I have read some regular run TRS's can come out looser then normal.

On the other hand when I had IonBond applied by Harrison I gave them the "ok" to loosen the bushing a hair to accommodate the finish. So for me it wasnt about the accuracy more then that extra time spent on building the gun which I wanted to pay for.

Many say the 1.5 is not necessary and I probably agree but my first Baer had it and I like it so much I didnt want to risk any changes so now I add it to all of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.