1911Forum banner

Regent R350CR

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  cruzthepug 
#1 ·
Thought I would start my own thread on a Regent R350CR I just bought. I had been wanting to purchase a lower end 1911 to rebuild to match my AR build in Urban Dark Earth. After looking for a while (really looking for something used) I saw the Regent in a local store and it felt really nice, and since I was looking for a 4" 1911 for $425 new, it was hard to pass up.

[/url]Untitled by cruzthepug, on Flickr[/IMG]

I've already ordered a Wilson Combat spring upgrade kit as well as a magwell. I've also been looking for some grips in UDE (no luck yet). Before making any changes I wanted to run a few rounds through it. In the other thread there were some bad experiences with the gun. I put about 100 rounds through it today. Assorted ammo, 230 RN and 185 FP handloads and some 230 Federal ball and some Winchester HP. Mags, I used the stock mag, a Wilson Combat and a Chip McCormick. All ammo and all mags worked flawless, even a couple of mags I had mixed rounds of some my handloads and no hiccups at all.

[/url]Untitled by cruzthepug, on Flickr[/IMG]

As far as accuracy, pretty good groups at about 20 feet, if anything it was hitting a little low. Had to cover the target like combat sights instead of target sights, not a big deal, will probably end up changing the sights before I'm done anyway. Overall I'm very pleased so far.

See less See more
#9 ·
The older I get the harder it is for me to see the sights on my handguns. With my contacts in (which I need to drive) I can see the target but the sights are blurry, with the contacts out, I can see the sights but not the target. That's the main reason I started target shooting mainly with my rifles and less with handguns. My handguns have turned into more defense weapons and less target shooting guns.

Yesterday I installed a set of XS Sight Systems 24/7 Bid Dot Express sights. After a little research these looked to be the easiest sights to see and get on target quickly. Front and back night sights, and the bit dot does make it easy to get on target. Combat sights, just cover the target with the dot.

[/url]DSCN1089 by cruzthepug, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]DSCN1090 by cruzthepug, on Flickr[/IMG]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.