1911Forum banner

Crimson Trace is Good People !

12K views 63 replies 42 participants last post by  guy sajer 
#1 · (Edited)
For those contemplating laser grips , make 2008 the year to buy Crimson Trace grips .

Just wanted to share a recent story regarding Crimson Trace laser grips .

My buddy is presently serving with the Army's 173rd Abn in Afganistan . I'm "on him " to let me know what I can send them . Finally he says he wants a pair of Hogue rubber grips for his M9 as the Army issue CT laser grips on it had crapped out many moons ago . So I sent the Hogue grips along with the usual tobacco , gun rags , snacks , M9 mag & recoil springs , etc .

I got to thinking about those KO'd CT grips so I emailed their representative in our area . "What can we do to assist this soldier ? Any chance you might "warranty" him a pair ?" I wasn't expecting anything to come of it , but it can't hurt to try .

A week later I get a return phone call from the rep . He's very apologetic , but his superior said no because the military grips don't fall under the same warranty as commercial sales . I was busy with work so I didn't think about it anymore that day .

The next day I get a phone call from the rep . When he had forwarded my email he copied it to everyone at CT . One of their higher ups , Jeff Wiseman , read it and decided that "We need to take care of this Soldier" . He called me and assured me that they were going to get him their newest mil-spec version (not even released yet) did I want to send it to him or should they ? As I had other stuff to send , they sent it to me and I sent it over to him . Should arrive there any day :)

Crimson Trace is Good People !!

Thank you !

ps: The bad news . Now most of the 30 guys in his platoon want Hogue grips ! ... working on that now . ;)

edit:
recent photo of his platoon .

See less See more
#37 ·
I have to throw my 2cp in here. It honestly warms my heart to hear posts like this. The "warming" is for companies caring for our troops and an open willingness to do all that can be done to make things right. Secondly, I've been on many many many forums in my life and still to this day i try to frequent those that i can (this one is in my first spot on my book mark tool bar :)) having said that I've seen (and actually worked in customer service). I've seen the type thats just good enough to get by, i've seen the horrible, and on a very very rare occasion i see TRUE customer service. And to see Jeff actually frequent these boards speaks volumes of the man what he stands for & i feel that is a very accurate reflection of the way CT is ran.

On a personal level I have only had 1 interaction with CT as of yet. A few weeks ago I was watching the Outdoor channel & a CT commercial came on. Towards the end of the commercial there was a plug something to the extent that when you requested a new product catalog you could get a DVD as well (forgive me I can't think of the full name the disc is not at hand) but it was something to the effects of truths & basic's of practical Laser Site use. After scouring the website for about 30 min I figured I would just give them a call at the worse I would have to talk to a machine. Low and behold a lady answered the phone!. I explained that I just watched the commercial & had looked all over the site trying to figure out if and or where I missed the check box or option to get the DVD. She kindly explained that the wording wasn't the best, what they were trying to say was that the DVD was shipping with all the product catalogs (having actually answered my question she could have completely ended the call and i would have been happy i had the page up to fill out the form & was good to go) BUT she went on to state that If I wanted she'd take the information over the phone & get it mailed out. Now you might be saying "big deal she filled out a form for you". Well please let me explain where i've come from I worked for Bellsouth for 3 years on there ADSL technical support line, now while it "technically" was not customer support it was always impressed on us (at first at least) that customer satisfaction was most important even if the problem could not be resolved over the phone that you offered them either a back up connection (dial up) or you gave them the time & date at which the actual tech would be at there door step ready to work on the issue. Over time you understand what it takes to do CS the right way and the wrong way. Too many times (once i was promoted to supervisor) did i see the results of a tech (what we called our agents on the floor) doing a poor job or even worse doing it intensionally. So I learned how to clean up a lot of messes and more so I learned to appreciate good CS in all its forms. Just that one call with CT and reading this has reinforced the thought of me getting a set.

I have only 2 hurdles to over come. First being well the extra cash (but hey saving for a rainy day has its purposes) and secondly will be to find out before hand if the CT grips will actually fit my PT. As I explained in my review the new PT1911's have a built up front strap(they added more metal to add the checkering) which caused the Hogue grips to not fit so I'll have to hammer that one down (if by boredom you catch this post Jeff I'd greatly appreciate an answer if not, then no worries I know without a shadow of a doubt your a busy man & thats why CT has a CS line :)

#38 ·
Wulfren,

Thank you for the kind words. :)

The LG-401 will fit the Taurus PT1911 without any problems, the only thing is the ambi-safety. The right paddle of the ambi will have to either be removed, modified (shortened slightly), or replaced with one of the pre-modified Wilson Combat ambi-safeties we offer.

#41 ·
Just last week I contacted LaserGrips if they had any plans to offer a bobtail version since they were getting so popular. They said there have been a few requests, but not enough to develop a new line. On their website is a "request new model" input box. Have everyone you know enter Bobtail 1911 there. Maybe it'll come true.

#42 ·
Bought some for my wife's snubby .38, figuring that in a stress situation she wouldn't remember how to aim well, and that the little red dot would be a big help. She hates guns and all things guns, mind you, but she said "Wow, that light thingy is cool!!" So, I was satisfied. That was about 8 months ago.

Found myself sneaking out to her SUV (where the pistol is stored) routinely while carrying out the trash to flash the CT down toward the barn, trees, etc. Also good for sending the cat into full hunter mode, but that's a different story... Finally decided that I would get some for a 1911, if I got a new one, and so when my Ruger P90 was stolen, I ended up with-you guessed it-a 1911 RIA. IMMEDIATELY bowed up and ordered the CT grips, and have had a blast holding the pistol in new and improved positions to impress myself with my ability to shoot where the dot is... boy, am I a good shot! Had a chance to buy a competitor's product a couple months before I got the CT grips, but the idea of having to flip a switch on the side and then flip it again to turn it off seemed archaic after having played with the CT's front activator. Glad to hear the service lives up to the product!

#43 ·
I've been thinking about getting a set of these and after reading this it'll be a definite purchase!

Thanks for the info and Thank you Jeff and Crimson Trace not only for you apparently great customer service but for your support of our troops!:rock:

#46 ·
I won't have a defense handgun with out a set of CT's. They are not God's own answer to every problem. Just another tool in the tool chest that I won't do without. Now if they see the need to make some grips for the new M&P 45 compact, I see the need to buy another gun.

#49 ·
This is exactly right. I know people preach that they won't help you shoot better. But I say every advantage you can over a bad guy is an advantage to help you walk away alive.

When everything degrades due to battle stress that little red dot will still be there. Because face it most of us don't go to a defensive handgun class every year and dump 1000's of rounds down the range a year to be perfect. We are just average Joes that prefer to be armed and ready.

lunyou

#48 ·
Well I emailed them once about getting a double stacked grip(1911) in production and was told it might be brought up at a meeting. I ended up selling the double stack so no biggie there.

I like to help a company that helps our troops. I will send some business that way now.

lunyou

#50 ·
I realize this is a 1911 forum but just had to say that I purchased a set of 401 CT grips for my Beretta FS92 and am VERY happy with them. I plan to buy a set of CT grips for my Gold Combat Stainless series 1 as funds allow. I too would like to thank Crimson Trace for the way they support our troops!

#55 ·
Crimson Trace is good people !

I'm going to break the rules and bump an old thread as I started it an it's still a great testimonial .

Buy a set for Christmas .

:)

#57 · (Edited)
I'm not sure if this is the right place for me to post this question, but I'm from the Philippines, and where I live, it is hard to get a crimson trace. I'm not an expert shooter so I'm looking for ways to increase my chances of survival if ever I have to use my gun to defend my family, I believe crimson trace can give me that edge. I'm going to Chicago for a medical convention next month, aside from the medical lectures I'm hoping to be able to purchase a crimson trace for my 1911. So my questions are:
Do the gun stores sell crimson trace and night sights to foreigners?
Will I need special papers or procedure to buy one and transport it back to the philippines via airplane?

#60 ·
I have recently put a Ct Laser guard on my P238 and a Laser grip on my G19 gen4 and love them. I hope that I get as good service out of mine. As a Retired GI I always appreciate good weapons and accessories.

#61 ·
I went to a party a few years ago and met one of the owners of CT. Real nice guy, an engineer, most of the folks at the party were engineers of one sort or another. I had just purchased some CT grips for my wife's 686 and thought they worked great. We spent a little time talking he said if I ever had any issues let them know. Never have.

I'd say he's good people, haven't met anyone else from CT but it doesn't surprise me that they stand behind their product.

#62 ·
I'll ditto all the kudos for Crimson Trace as a business worthy of doing business with as well as one that makes excellent products. Not all of us care for laser sights, but IMO, the grips and laser guard sights CT produces just flat work without a lot of need to accommodate them on an EDC or house protection firearm. I've been using their CT grips since shortly after they became available on the market. I'm an old revolver guy who has carried for many years as an LEO. I sure would have liked to have these grips as an option during the 60's, 70's etc.

I have had almost no issues with CT products, and my contacts with CT personnel for info or help have all been handled with professional aplomb and satisfaction for me. I would not be without their products on my handguns carried and used for personal protection these days! Buy and use their products with confidence! And kudos again for their support of our military folks. OUTSTANDING!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.