1911Forum banner

Thumb safety replacement.....which one?

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  mavereq 
#1 ·
I am going to replace the ambi-safety on my Springfield Champion Operator with a single sided safety. I have narrowed the choices down to Brown, Wilson, or 10-8.
Which would you choose and why? I know all are good quality, how are they for feel and comfort? Thanks for any info.

#4 ·
I used to prefer the Brown. Too many issues with them on the last few I used (pins not square/cracks). I went to the Wilson after that. Currently, the best available is the EGW. Milled from billet and straight pin square to the body. I hear good things about the new Wilson, too.

#9 ·
If it dropped in for you and passed all of the safety checks with no fitting, you better go buy a lottery ticket. You did do all of the safety checks, right?
No part on a 1911 should ever be considered to be drop in, especially fire control parts. Always expect to have to do some fitting. A Colt GI style is a good safety.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.