1911Forum banner

Interesting interview, shot with his own gun

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  tsp45acp 
#1 ·
I know this is from '08, but..... after watching the interview, I have to wonder if he would have been better off unarmed. Some people assume too much about their ability to use deadly force.

He came home and found someone robbing his home. He chose to confront the BG with a gun and hesitated. He lost control during a struggle and was shot.

Lesson learned: Owning a gun does not give you super-human powers nor render your clothing bullet-proof. If you are not prepared to shoot, leave and call for help, and take your gun with you.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=11b_1210344827

#3 ·
Man that kid went through the ringer... I feel bad for the guy... Sucks that he hesitated to pull the trigger otherwise it would probably have been a different outcome for the guy

#6 ·
Hesitating to use deadly force

Most LE officers are often shot because they hesitate to use deadly force when required. The myth of hesitating to use deadly force is often propagated by Hollywood, where the LE officers (good guys) give ample time and opportunity for a bad guy to drop his weapon and surrender.

The reality is you need to be mentally prepared to be able to take decisive action when required, which means your life or the lives of others is in imminent danger. You must have confidence in your ability to shoot fast and accurately through ongoing training. He who hesitates is lost.....

#9 ·
Most LE officers are often shot because they hesitate to use deadly force when required. ....
The reality is you need to be mentally prepared to be able to take decisive action when required,
Given that even LE have terrible first shot, training for the double tap is not a bad idea at all. As for hesitation.... Don't forget, the BG doesn't care about collateral damage. A cop needs to wonder who's on the other side of that sheet rock wall or in the passenger seat.

From the Police studies Policy Council: (PDF, give it a minute to load)

www.theppsc.org/Staff_Views/Aveni/OIS.pdf

NYPD - some bad@ss guys.. hit average, 15% (page 4). Distances: 0-2 yards, hit average, 69%.

#11 ·
Like "Tuco" said in "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly", when it's time to shoot.....shoot!, don't talk". Tracy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.