1911Forum banner

How is the texture of Ahrends tactical grips?

805 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  warren5421 
#1 ·
Anyone own these? I currently have an STI Trojan 5.0 with stock grips and VZ Aliens. I like the factory stocks but they are slippery. I like the VZ for its grip but they are pretty ugly. I much prefer a classic wood set of stocks so the Ahrends Tactical cut had caught my eye. Thoughts?

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't have the Tactical grips, but the Combat Checkered. They aren't as grippy as the VZ's on my other pistol, but don't snag my shirt as much either. I'd imagine the smooth part on the grips you're wanting would be even better for this purpose.

#3 · (Edited)
Had a set on a Colt Officers Model :rolleyes:I carried for many years that is now my son's. :) I carried them for a lot of years and they always gave enough grip and didn't grab the jacket like full checkered grips. I like them better than the aggressive carbon grips. I don't and didn't wear combat gloves when I worked, Engineering. You could shoot all day without gloves and not come up with your hands bleeding from the grips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.