1911Forum banner

Ways to mount a small Red Dot ?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  chiltech500 
#1 ·
My Les Baer wadcutter is at baers for work and I'm having them take off their big aluminum rail attached to the frame.

I'm looking for a lightweight option to mount my Burris Fastfire 3. It was ridiculous looking on that big aluminum rail, which I had to cut notches into to have the Picatinny mount for the Burris to work.

Thanks

#3 ·
#5 ·
Thanks for the ideas,

The Baer wadcutter does not have sights, it is built for scopes and such assuming you'd use their frame mount. I talked to Les and he was not receptive towards making anything to accept a red dot other than his sight rail.

Having heard of some sort of "rings" folks put on, I thought someone might have experience with such.

#6 ·
Get the Novak mount, grind the dovetail off, drill and tap two holes in the top of your slide and bolt it on.

#7 ·
BTW Mayhem I do have several different Burris base mounts already, standard govt, Beretta and Picatinny rail.

I was hoping to find a frame mount though much smaller and lighter than the stock Baer wadcutter version, which looks like it could mount a rifle scope :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.