1911Forum banner

Nice Ebay Grips

6K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  dakotaTex 
#1 ·
I read a couple of reviews of the G10 grips from 1911gripguy on ebay and decided to give them a try. Got them today and was very pleased. I ordered the starburst pattern in gray/black and red/brown for 2 of my 1911s.

The starburst pattern is very aggressive/sharp--exactly what I was looking for. The fit and finish is superb. Depending on options, they are around $25-30 cheaper than the other guys.

Took about 4 days after ordering to ship. He has different textures as well as options for bobtail, magwell, etc.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/1911gripguy/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Just ordered a set of there slimline grips & S&A slimline magwell for my Marine pistol. Seen the magwell on a well respected trainers FB page.

#16 ·
I am going to give this guy a try as well. He even has a Metro Arms similar to mine in his pics which makes comparing grip designs really nice for me :)

Going to go with the Stoney CNC design but i am going to find out if he has any "metal" colors that he can begin making available. VZ sells a lot of the black dessert sand so it may be something he looks into.

This post has been deleted
#21 ·
Yes, and not only is it very strong, but it is impervious to almost all solvents. I work with G10 a lot and it has many very good characteristics.

HOWEVER, it is somewhat abrasive and can damage the finish under the grips if they slide around on the frame. Sadly, I know this from personal experience. Check the bottoms of the grip panels for any rough areas and sand smooth if needed. G10 can be polished with a very fine grit to restore the finish. I always wet sand G10 as the dust is very noxious to both humans and equipment.

I have a variety of G10 scales since they are so durable and can be machined in so many different ways.

Tyler2you - those are some nice looking 1911/grip scale combos!

dakotaTex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.