1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

RMH Knives - CNC 1911 Stocks, Images & Discussion

143K views 443 replies 88 participants last post by  Ron R. 
#1 ·
I've been making some custom 1911 grips in my shop.

You can send me a concept or sketch, and I'll translate it into a 3D relief on the grips. I can do a 3D preview for your approval before making them.

Multiple wood choices are available, or send me your material. Most grips are around $100, depending on the complexity of your design.

I'm considering upgrading to "merchant" status, and I am just gauging interest....

Thank you,

Ron
R M H Knives
RMHKnives.com
ron@rmhknives.com
RMH ~ NES Forum

#91 ·
Here is a set Ron made for me for my Les Baer TRS. These are a set of VZ 320 Carbon fiber grips, I also sent him a set of wood grips and had him do the same logo. These turned out better than I could imagine. Thanks Ron.

Attachments

#95 ·
I recently received these grips from Ron Der at RMH Knives (rmhknives.com). It is my own custom design that I sent him. I wanted texture and smooth areas in a grip, with nothing too agressive. The dimpled pattern looks like bubbles - don't know how else to describe it.

Ron was great to work with. We went back and forth a couple of times to sort out the details, and each time he would send me a .jpg picture of the CADD design, with the wood grain and texture rendered to look just like the grips.

It was a fun process to have an idea come together in the final product. And for the price, I am already thinking about the next design...

Thank you, TR...

#96 · (Edited)
Tapered Grips

After many requests and much interest, I am submitting a design
for tapered grips for the 1911 pistol.

The 3D pdf file of it below can be manipulated by using the left
mouse-button / drag to rotate, and the mouse-wheel or right
mouse-button / drag to zoom. Right and left mouse-buttons
together / drag will allow you to pan. Also, right-clicking on the
model will allow you to select a number of different viewing options,
as well as some other choices.

Right-clicking to download, then launching the file will usually work
better than trying to view it directly from the browser.

RMH Tapered Grip PDF File

At this point, I could begin producing grips with this geometry now,
but I wanted some user input here on the forum where I know I'll get
the best feedback.

The grip, as submitted, has the same basic "footprint" against the
frame as a standard grip, and, as with my other grips, any
customization can be applied to these such as logos, motifs,
patterns, et cetera, and in any material as well. Also, magwell and
mainspring housing hole variations are possible. I'm not yet sure about
making these available in "thin" or officer's size configuration. Input on
these considerations would be helpful, too.

Feedback staying in this thread would be appreciated, rather than via
PM or eMail, for all to benefit and be a part of the effort. Any individual(s)
who contribute what I feel to be the most thoughtful and useful input
will be part of the "free evaluation-grip gratitude program."

Again, much thanks and appreciation for all those who have been
supporting RMH with their business.

Ron
RMH Knives
RMHKnives.com
ron@RMHKnives.com

#97 ·
Ron, these would be excellent except for the fact that the taper should be reversed....wider in the front, narrower in the back. This is what the Larry Davidson clients would refer to as "reverse airfoil". It is a bit counter intuitive at first, but when you shoot it, you will understand. Similar to a door stop wedged under a door. The grip designed that way will absolutely lock in your hands.

Very neat PDF by the way!

Love to see these with the option to reverse the profile.

#100 ·
Ron,

No worries. I would assume that there will be shooters/clients that would prefer them the way you first demoed them. Not sure how much of a PIA that would be for a maker to offer them both ways, but no doubt, there are people on both sides of that fence.

#134 ·
I have a Colt Series 70, and a Colt Defender. I have the same problem with both pistols: I can't reach the magazine release without changing my shooting grip. These wedge shaped grips look like they may solve my problem if the wedge is sloped toward the front of the pistol.

Can you make these to look like factory grips, ie, same checkering etc., with the gold colt medallions? If so, what would 2 sets cost me? I can send you pics of the grips I have if that would help.

Thanks!

#102 ·
Ron,

Looks great. Can you tell us how thick across the widest point dimension?

#119 ·
Just received my first pair of custom grips from Ron for my S&W PC 1911 round butt. Knocked my socks off. He made them exactly as I asked. Fits like a glove, perfect purchase for my hands, has the looks I wanted for the gun, and the detail work is flawless. And this is 8 days since I placed the order!

Ron is quite the grip artist, IMO. I would suggest that if you plan on ordering from him, get your order in now because he's going to be much in demand.

Here's some pics of his grips on my handgun. Apologies for first gen IPad pics.

Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Airsoft gun

Rick

#126 ·
Ron has been super to work with. Great communication and assistance with custom creations. I was very pleased with my product. I wanted to use the maker's mark I use on my early sporting guns and leather work. Ron worked up a computer program for my approval prior to the go ahead. Very professional.
Will try to get some on the gun pics at Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.