1911Forum banner

VZ Grip Pic Thread!

1M views 1K replies 681 participants last post by  PaulWVa 
#1 · (Edited)
How about we start a thread dedicated to VZ grips? Threads have been created for other brands so I thought why not VZ? Unfortunately I cannot be the first to post pics since I have just ordered a set and haven't received them yet. Who wants to go first? :)

P.S. Could everyone who posts pictures please include the model name, color and how aggressive/grippy the texture is. Thanks!

#127 · (Edited)
My SA EMP sporting black Gator Back grips. Debating whether or not to switch them out as I think I might like a pair with a little more contrast. They feel good but just don't set off the pistol like some of the other models do. I really wish they'd offer the black cherry ETCs for the EMP. My P238 will be wearing black ETCs when they show up.

#153 · (Edited)
Those double diamonds are great but a bit aggressive for carry. I've been looking at the slim carbon 320's. I haven't fired another 1911 that I preferred more, nor have I shot my Glock much since I got it.
I just bought a Dan Wesson Valor exactly l like yours this week. (The 5" Government) It has the same VZ Double Diamond grips as the other gentlemen who posted that Commander bobtail above and back<<<. They are that same OEM blue/tan/gray color. They feel great in the hand and look awesome on that gun. I'm leaving those stock except for adding some VZ Turbo screws. I go to pick it up next week. I was about two hundred bucks short, so my FFL let me put it on layaway to hold it for a week or two. That gun wouldn't have lasted. Others were eyeballin' it while I was thinking! LOL It was an impulse buy. I looked at it in the case. I asked to see it and then I fell instantly in love with the thing. I knew right then I had to own that gun!:D I can't hardly wait. Anyway...here is my Wilson CQB with Army green Simonich Gunners and black washed Radiation II head VZ screws. Also my Springfield Professional FBI HRT/SWAT with limited edition S.W.A.T. black Diamondbacks. The S.W.A.T. is machined right into the grip. It's a nice touch to just plain "blah" walnut FBI contract grips. The screws are the VZ Turbos. They finish off the look and set it off. This gun looks much better set up like this. I couldn't be happier. From now on, every 1911 I own is gonna wear VZ grips. The quality even seemed better than the Wilson G10 grips I bought... and later sold when I found out about VZ. Oh, and the best part... NO fitting whatsoever required. They fit right on and have a microscopic gap that fits better than any other grip I've tried.

#144 ·
I just received these today and really like them. Operator IIs in Dirty Olive for my Sig C3 plus compact, the color is a little more muted than some of the pictures I've seen but I think I'm ordering some for my fullsize GSR with magwell but I'm not sure what color. I think I need to recheck this entire thread to check out colors, maybe the black/desert sand.