1911Forum banner

VZ Grip Pic Thread!

1M views 1K replies 681 participants last post by  PaulWVa 
#1 · (Edited)
How about we start a thread dedicated to VZ grips? Threads have been created for other brands so I thought why not VZ? Unfortunately I cannot be the first to post pics since I have just ordered a set and haven't received them yet. Who wants to go first? :)

P.S. Could everyone who posts pictures please include the model name, color and how aggressive/grippy the texture is. Thanks!

#1,047 ·
BEAUTIFUL stuff guys. I am nosing thru here trying to get ideas for my 2 Colt's, a NRM in Blue and an XSE Commander in stainless. LOTS of ideas in this thread for sure.

Does anyone know if VZ will install the COLT emblems or the others that are also inletted into the grips or do you have to find someone to do it for you after you get the grips?

Thanks

Nalajr

#1,052 ·
VZ ETC-Frag versus regular ETC?

Hi All - Am loving all these pics of VZ grips. Hoping y'all can help me decide between the two ETC versions for my old Colt Government model 1911. I've Googled the hell out of it and have completely failed to find any discussion of the pros/cons of how the checkered and frag versions perform.

Anyone have any thoughts to share?

#1,067 ·
FWIW, I put a set of wurple double diamonds on my stainless Kobra Carry. They look good, but she usually wears 320 carbon fibers for EDC - ivory for BBQs.

#1,072 ·
I was wondering if you guys can help answer a question I have. I want to get the Operator 2 grips for my 1911. For the Operator 2's, the thumb notch/super scoop are mandatory. I was wondering how they feel for a left handed shooter - does bother you when shooting at all?

I know I could order the original Operators, as they can come without it, but I prefer the look of the Operator 2

#1,091 · (Edited)
I was wondering if you guys can help answer a question I have. I want to get the Operator 2 grips for my 1911. For the Operator 2's, the thumb notch/super scoop are mandatory. I was wondering how they feel for a left handed shooter - does bother you when shooting at all?

I know I could order the original Operators, as they can come without it, but I prefer the look of the Operator 2
I would contact VZ directly, they can easily customize the grips for you...no need to get right handed grips, get what works for you. VZ is easy to work with
This was my idea too, however they replied and said that the Operator 2s cannot be made without the thumb notch or super scoop. They referred me to purchase the Original Operators
Wow, that's hard to believe....not sure what the big deal would be. I guess you will have to go a different route
Which department did you choose when contacting them? I am wondering if you get different answers from contacting sales vs custom order departments.
Yeah, it's quite unfortunate. I'm assuming that they haven't designed the Operator 2s without those cuts in whatever program they are using to manufacture them
FWIW VZ have all of about 6 staff and so it really won't matter which button you push. Service there has always been hit and miss, but Reece does a good job in my reasonably recent experience.
Maybe call back and ask someone else? If you had to go with a rh version, he "normal" version notch is prett small. Probably wouldn't notice it. The scoop is pretty substantial.

On edit - maybe it doesn't matter if their staff is that small, but maybe you could ask for grips without the notch? It's only a slight improvement reaching the mag release.

Why am I not surprised that the original inquiry was not answered? I am lefty too and as usual on many gun forums/threads no direct answers. Everything BUT a direct answer from one in the know...Duh...

In any event, since no one has answered and since I ordered my ETC-FRAG ZEBRA with Super Scoop yesterday before making it through this thread, will just have to rely on my perception that my trigger finger should extend over or through the Super Scoop and I'll be happy.

If not, will have to look into their return policy or sell at a loss. Appears I might have to forfeit $20 with a RA restocking fee. I did not see anything on the VZ website warning the Super Scoop as not recommended for left-handed shooters. If I had, I would not have ordered the option. If it's not compatible and there was no warning, they should consider a full refund. Perhaps you know that not everyone in the world is right-handed. You'll know of which I speak if you have the 'curse' of being left-handed. :(

Re the above, thanks for nothing, but in my case it probably would not have made a difference because I had already ordered.

I will indeed report here my findings as a left-handed shooter re the Super Scoop, so that other left-handed shooters might derive some benefit.

But I do thank Gavin S. for posting the photo of what I had ordered in post #15:

https://www.1911forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=423823

I think they'll look great on any 1911 with a black, gray or dark-blued slide.