1911Forum banner

The official gripmakers showcase thread

877K views 3K replies 532 participants last post by  1911adix 
#1 · (Edited)
Rules are now gone since some posters tended to ignore them anyway.

Go for it.. :)

#118 ·
The key there must be "was" cause I cant find them for sale on the site (first set). Just as well I guess. If I saw that pair I would have bought them and I just put an offer on a house yesterday. I am sure my wife would smack me with the grips from you I already have on my CBOB.
Since she is not mechanical, they would still be attached to the pistol!! OW!

SLed

#130 ·
Wow, things are slow in here huh? Well, here's something new and cool - genuine Stingray skin grips. This is the first set, but I've got more pelts here and coming now that I've figured out how to get it done well and at the right finished thickness/size. Pretty cool stuff. The skin has thousands of "pebbles" like small and different sized black BB's all over it to provide "armor" for the stingray against predators. Makes for a grippy, yet very smooth grips.
Sarge

#131 · (Edited)
Nice job on the stingray grips. We've been offering grips with exotic skins on them for about 3 years now. Here's a set of stingray we put on a Caspian:

Lizard:

We've done a variety of other skins as well. And we've offered a matching set - custom grips with the exotic on it and the same exotic on the holster. ;)

#137 ·
Soon as I can get an unrelated project or two outta my shop I'm gonna try to segway back into some gripmaking. At least, as much as I can stand while working a full time "real" job.

The great thing about 1911 grips is, they can be mild or wild. Plenty of room for creativity, as you guys have shown. It appears my niche might be traditional checkering, and I swear one of these days I will have done it enough to get reasonably fast...but that probably won't be anytime soon!

Half checkered padauk from just a couple months ago (trying to stay in practice):

#138 ·
As I've mentioned before, if your post disappears, it's because you are not posting in the proper forum. This forum is for makers to post pictures of their work and for people to comment on those pictures. Not for people to post links to, or information about their favorite maker who might not even be a member here.

As the title of this thread suggests; READ THE RULES IN THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD BEFORE POSTING!