1911Forum banner

Larry Davidson's Monkeygrips Rock! ***PICS***

358K views 835 replies 294 participants last post by  bad2006z71 
#1 · (Edited)
Greetings... I just wanted to share a recent experience regarding my purchase of a set of Larry Davidson's Monkeygrips. I can't say enough good things about this gentleman; great customer service, product, etc, etc. I had been unsuccessfully searching for a carry grip that is not too thick and not too thin. After trying various grips from several manufacturers, both standard thickness and slim styles, I still wanted something in between. After an e-mail or two with Larry Davidson, he informed me he offered an N'Between'R sized grip which ran about .200-.220" in thickness. Further, he could customize the grips for various textures. For example, the 4x4's that I was interested in could be in a smooth, semi-smooth, or not so smooth texture. Or, he could have 'smoothed out' the horned lizards... With all the different grip styles Larry offers the possibilities are endless! Larry's willingness to customize grips is simply not something I've experienced with other makers.

So, I decided on the perfect grip, ordered Wednesday and they were at my door Friday. Just unbelievable. He also followed up with some e-mails on how they fit. I ended up shaving about 1 millemeter off the stock bushings to cinch them down... but now they're just perfect!

Long story short, Larry is an AWESOME guy to deal with and I just wanted to give him a 'shout out'.

http://davidsonknives.com/grips/grips.htm

See less See more
#150 ·
These grip are so sweet, They look and feel great.......Thanks Larry......:biglaugh:
Nice grips. Now I wonder if I could talk Larry into making me a set that'll fit my Sig 220 to match my 1911... :biglaugh:

#156 ·
I didn't see this thread, and didn't want to miss a chance to tell the maker how much I like them. I was really impressed with the speed of production and shipping, customer service, and wow, I didn't know there was something cool enough to make me take the Shadow grips off this cco, but these did.

Thanks Monkey Grips!

#158 ·
I am posting this pic for my friend tchostler:

This pair is called the Horned Lizard in Tan. It also has a palm swell that is hard to see, but it is there if you follow the lines very closely. The holster is a High Noon Down Under IWB. The background is an IDPA target, the clip is a CheckMate.

Clyde

#167 ·
Horned hog

I'll play !!Combination of Horned lizard back 2/3 & front third is Wort Hog
1st time He combined 'em to my knowledge

Angle of back 2/3 horned lizards allows hand to slide up faster then Fingers actually grab the front 3rd of the Pointy Wort Hogs..

At Least in My Mind, They DO!!!:biglaugh:

#168 · (Edited)
Ohh I want in too. Here are my Punisher grips on my STI blacked out. I love it and it shoots better with these grips too..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.