1911Forum banner

Larry Davidson's Monkeygrips Rock! ***PICS***

358K views 835 replies 294 participants last post by  bad2006z71 
#1 · (Edited)
Greetings... I just wanted to share a recent experience regarding my purchase of a set of Larry Davidson's Monkeygrips. I can't say enough good things about this gentleman; great customer service, product, etc, etc. I had been unsuccessfully searching for a carry grip that is not too thick and not too thin. After trying various grips from several manufacturers, both standard thickness and slim styles, I still wanted something in between. After an e-mail or two with Larry Davidson, he informed me he offered an N'Between'R sized grip which ran about .200-.220" in thickness. Further, he could customize the grips for various textures. For example, the 4x4's that I was interested in could be in a smooth, semi-smooth, or not so smooth texture. Or, he could have 'smoothed out' the horned lizards... With all the different grip styles Larry offers the possibilities are endless! Larry's willingness to customize grips is simply not something I've experienced with other makers.

So, I decided on the perfect grip, ordered Wednesday and they were at my door Friday. Just unbelievable. He also followed up with some e-mails on how they fit. I ended up shaving about 1 millemeter off the stock bushings to cinch them down... but now they're just perfect!

Long story short, Larry is an AWESOME guy to deal with and I just wanted to give him a 'shout out'.

http://davidsonknives.com/grips/grips.htm

See less See more
#112 ·
Larry's the man. Got my Horned Lizard grips the other day, and love 'em. He's quick to respond to emails, follows through personally, and makes a great set of grips.

As he says: "I'll take care of the rest"... Indeed he did!

I was a little surprised at the weight of the G-10 grips, but I like the feel. Good thing my magwell is aluminum, I think I'll still make competition weight. I think.

...now if I can only find that darn camera...

#126 ·
I have a set of the green WYRM grips on my parkerized SA I shoot IDPA with.

As good as all the grips look the real thing is how well you can grip them. Even in the Summer heat with sweaty hands I can get the secure grip I want and need.

I will not use any other grips and I really like my WYRMs but dang, I might buy a different set just because they look so good.

#132 ·
Thanks Larry.....You ROCK......

Just to let you know that I had placed my order on a sunday around 11:00 am and he replied about 15 min later. Here it is Thursday and by the tracking number should be here today. Can't wait to get home!!!!:biglaugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.