1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

RMH Knives - CNC 1911 Stocks, Images & Discussion

143K views 443 replies 88 participants last post by  Ron R. 
#1 ·
I've been making some custom 1911 grips in my shop.

You can send me a concept or sketch, and I'll translate it into a 3D relief on the grips. I can do a 3D preview for your approval before making them.

Multiple wood choices are available, or send me your material. Most grips are around $100, depending on the complexity of your design.

I'm considering upgrading to "merchant" status, and I am just gauging interest....

Thank you,

Ron
R M H Knives
RMHKnives.com
ron@rmhknives.com
RMH ~ NES Forum

#39 ·
Numrich (HERE) and a few other places have these available.

If you wanted to order the originals and send them to me to embed into grips,
I can do that. Or, I could order the ones you prefer myself...either way.

Also, I could machine some custom ones from brass and do this in house if you
didn't mind them "non-original."

Ron
RMH Knives
RMHKnives.com
ron@RMHKnives.com

#50 ·
If you need a model for the reverse airfoil profile, I'd send you a pair.
I have had a few ideas for new grip profiles based on how knife handles fill
the hand. If there is a demand for "teardrop" profile grips, it will be
one more welcome "iron in the file" for me.

Again, comments and suggestions are encouraged.

LW McVay - Thanks for the offer. If I need them, I'll contact you.

Ron
RMH Knives
RMHKnives.com
ron@RMHKnives.com

#49 ·
If you need a model for the reverse airfoil profile, I'd send you a pair.

#52 ·
I've got some regular air foils if you need pics and measurements.
Thank you. I appreciate the offers....

Maybe the height dimensions (thicknesses) at the front and back edges
would be good for me have, to check against my CAD models.

As all hands are different, I can vary these dimensions individually as needed.

OliverBox - check your eMail...

Ron
RMH Knives
RMHKnives.com
ron@RMHKnives.com

#54 ·
Grips from Ron arrived...

Today I received two sets of grips I ordered from Ron.

Both were made of G-10 that I sent to him.
The design was based on logos that I sent to him via email, and then he and I went back and forth to work out the rest of the design... I wanted something that was practical and thematically in keeping with the logo.

I am VERY happy with the quality of these grips. They are EVERY BIT as well made as my VZ's, if not better. They are cut for my Ed Brown ambi-safety, and every detail feels solid and professionally made... they cost more than my VZ's, but considering that I'm getting a product that is as good or better than the industry leader, and completely custom and unique... I feel like it was a very fair price.

They are just a bit thinner than my VZ's, and they are very comfortable.
Ron was very prompt in all his communication, and was very patient in working with me to come up with a design that I really liked. He cut the grips and shipped very quickly as soon as I paid. The transaction was easy and I have nothing but positive things to say about Ron as a businessman and a craftsman.

The pictures just don't do these grips justice. They are amazing. I will be ordering more from Ron in the very near future.

Attachments

#61 · (Edited)
Glad you like them.

It was my idea - but Ron's vision.
I have to give him credit for the design.

I need to take them shooting, but I am sure they will work fine.
I am going to move them to my Ruger, I think they will look even sharper on a stainless pistol.

JAG

#82 ·
I had Ron make me a set of grips for my Sig Sauer 1911 Nitron Duty Weapon. These things turned out great and I recommend his work! The command staff and the Sheriff were very jealous when I strutted around the office with this on my gun belt! I'd also like to note that I am a Patrol Deputy and these grips are holding up just fine out in the field.

#93 ·
Custom CNC 1911 Grips

I had Ron make me a set of grips for my Sig Sauer 1911 Nitron Duty Weapon. These things turned out great and I recommend his work! The command staff and the Sheriff were very jealous when I strutted around the office with this on my gun belt! I'd also like to note that I am a Patrol Deputy and these grips are holding up just fine out in the field.

What material are those? They look awesome.

#85 ·

Ron, I like these !! :cool:
Would it be possible to do a set of these in walnut burl with a smaller DW logo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.