1911Forum banner

Help with grips for the wife's gun

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  broadus123 
#1 ·
Here, we have my lovely wife's gun

She found these grips she needed to have on eBay. Problem is they're way too fat and they're too smooth. Like a piece of plexi

They're too far for her hands too but she wants something "cute" or just stick with the ones she has that are too big for her and I don't know where to go look for girly gun grips. She wants black and purple. Any ideas?

See less See more
#2 ·
If she wants to keep those grips, it's not hard to sand them from the back to thin them down a little. You may have to carefully drill from the back to to deepen the holes to clear the bushings, but it can be done.

Or she can prob'ly find something she likes at http://www.gungoddess.com/. :D

#7 ·
The only problem with that is that on some of the cheaper grips with images on it like the one in the picture, the image is actually on the back of the grip. So any sanding will remove the image completely and leave you with some sanded clear resin. Be a cool way to see how many rounds you have left though :)

#3 ·
Here's a commissioned set I just completed for a client. The wood is stabilized spalted maple, and it has a hand-carved and stippled tribal butterfly pattern wrapping around the front of the grips. The butterfly is almost transparent until it catches the light...I used the difference between satin and matte gloss levels for contrast instead of different colors. The mag release thumb groove on the left panel helps accommodate her smaller hands.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.