1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Best 1911 Mag?

289K views 512 replies 346 participants last post by  jtq 
#1 ·
Which is the best and most reliable 8 round 1911 mag?

#308 ·
It would be real interesting if somebody did some statistics on one or several of these threads. Lots of people "voting", but no clear choice. . .comes out of these threads.

#309 ·
Best Mags

I like the Chip MMcCormick 10 Rd magazine tube bodies with Virgil Tripp hybrid rebuild kit follower and spring. This makes the magazine a 9 Rd magazine. Works GREAT in my TRP Operator. But every firearm is different. Experiment. I'd try Virgil Tripp, Wilson combat, Chip McCormick for starters. See what YOUR pistol likes. That is the important thing. That one magazine that you can feel the rounds just sliding right in. No hang ups. Find THAT Magazine and stay with it. THAT is the best one.

#312 ·
I just threw out a CM match grade 8rd mag cause it wouldnt lock the slide and it wouldnt "drop clear" when empty. I bought my CM mags from their site and paid full price. WhenI emailed them today with my complaint they told me to " read the insert " I threw their mag in the trash and told them so. Their not the only vendor in town and the didnt stand behind their product so ' you vote with your dollar'

#317 ·
whats your favorite aftermarket magazine?

there seems to be many choices out there. Im sure some people prefer to stay with and buy more of what the factory sends out. but I'm guessing as much as people enjoy improving the function of their 1911's upgraded magazines must enter the picture at some point. I'm buying my first 1911 on friday. its used and I did not ask them if the magazines were traded in with the gun. this has me thinking Im might need to pick a couple up. from my last thread It appears that I need some with non mental followers, so I need to look for some with plastic followers.
I went to looking yesterday, but could only find some made by Remington. so im going to start my internet hunting when it get some good suggestions.

#326 ·
WC 500 ETM but I change out the plastic basepads for the smaller steel basepads for carry and shooting. The plastic basepads are good for use in a mag carrier, the bigger base makes them easy to pull out.

#327 ·
Try the 47D's first. I have extended base pads. Sometimes a mag doesn't drop free and the extended base pad helps a bit. A minor issue. Flush mount if you prefer. The 8 rounders work as well as the 7 rounders if the base pad becomes a non issue for you.

#339 ·
+1

For range use, I use the Wilson Combat 7rd Service Mag Plus.

For carry, the Wilson Combat 8rd ETM hasn't failed me yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.