1911Forum banner

Wilson ETM magazines

2K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  45dotACP 
#1 ·
I finally ordered 4 of the Wilson ETM 8 round magazines for my 1911's. I keep hearing that they're the best, and since Wilson had them on sale, I figured, jump in and do it. I generally shoot Colt 8 round stainless from Midway USA at a cost of $19.00 each, and I like these mags. But on an occasion, I do have a FTF. I haven't had a chance to try out the Wilson mags, but hope to this weekend. Like a Toyota, I hope they live up to all the hype. :)

If they do, these will become my new EDC mags, and the Colt mags will be used only at the range.

#5 ·
I switched to Wilson magazines for my Kimber Raptor II and now use them in my Wilson CQB Elite. I never have FTF problems with them.

#6 ·
I generally shoot Colt 8 round stainless I like these mags. But on an occasion, I do have a FTF.

If they do, these will become my new EDC mags, and the Colt mags will be used only at the range.
Let us hope so.
I sure would not carry a magazine with an occasional FTF.

I prefer Tripp Cobramags to ETMs but that is in 9mm. I am still using Power Mags and 47Ds in .45.

#7 ·
When I bought my first 1911, a Ruger SR1911, the very first thing I bought for it was 4 Wilson ETM 8 round mags. These are the only mags I have ever used and they're fantastic. Never had the first issue with any of them, and they've seen many many hundreds of all types of rounds through them. I've never even had the ones that came with my 1911 in the pistol.
Did you get the new mags with the flat wire springs? As soon as they offer the upgraded spring kits for the older ETM mags I will get them.

#8 ·
Wilson ETM mags

I hope these are the new series magazines, I did look at one last night, and it appears to have the flat spring in the mag body. Really looking forward to shooting this weekend, would be nice to look back and say I fired 250 rounds on Sunday Afternoon without any problems whatsoever.

#9 ·
I could not find a reliable, flush fit, 8rd mag. I finally tried the 8rd ETM, and although it does extend beyond the frame, I have never had a failure when using it.

#22 ·
I like the fact that they are not flush. Doing tachical reloads using the Colt mags, I can get my hand bit. The ETMs do not. They have also been flawless in my Gold Cup. And as someone else posted Wilson will warranty them if ever I do have a problem.

#10 ·
I use the Black Heavy Duty ETM's (500BC-HD) with my TRP. I have herd of people having problems with the black coating being slightly rough or textured causing hang ups. The coating will smooth out with use. I did take graphite powder applied with a q tip to the inside of the tube and the follower. Works great with out one FTF or slide lock with the 250 rounds I put threw them so far.

#14 ·
The mags worked good for me !

#12 ·
Right-o. They are a wonderful product. Flawless so far, and expect nothing less in the future. Maybe a spring change after a zillion reloads, but somehow I don't think I'll last that long. :)

#13 ·
I've used Wilson ETMs in my .45s, and never had a problem. I just bought a Citadel 9mm FS, and I've been reading some mixed reviews on the performance of the Wilson ETMs in other Armscor 9mm 1911s. I have to try one, since they have been so good in my .45s...right now, the mag that works the best in my 9mm is a Mec-Gar 9-round stainless.

#17 ·
I've used Wilson mags exclusively since the '90s. I own around 10 Wilson ETM magazines. My old #47s have never failed me, and the same for the ETMs. Wilson is my "go to mags" in all my 1911s.

#20 ·
If I had an issue with a Wilson mag after 900 rounds,,,,, it would be going back to Wilson. Yes, they do stand behind their mags too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.