1911Forum banner

12,500+ rounds on "E" so far

4K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  BOSOX 
#1 ·
Well I now have over 12,500 rounds on my 5 inch S&W E series 1911. Probably 95% of those were 200 grain LSWC rounds. Only problem I had was the extractor pin was replaced by S&W a few months ago and has not moved since. Trigger has always been pretty good but now it's really smooth. I use CMC power mags since I installed a Wilson speed chute but never had any problems with the ACT mags that came with it. I've been very happy with the "E" so far and customer service from S&W.

#3 ·
Man that is some round count. How long have you had the gun and how often do you shoot?

#12 ·
I believe they have; to the extent that any manufacturer has worked out all the bugs.

IMO; these days, the initial quality offered by any manufacturer is only as good as the last pistol they sold you.

I'm loving my E Series 1911TA after having an early production, low serial number lemon replaced by the company.

#13 ·
Not 12.5K, but still not bad...

Well, it was bound to happen... I had my first FTF today with my E-series (5" railed model). After 1,394 rounds total, and 136 rounds into today's session, I had a failure-to-feed from one of the factory magazines. I just dropped the magazine, racked the slide, and proceeded to fire another 64 rounds without any trouble.

I use the factory mags as range-only, so I'm not too worried. No problems ever with 8-round McCormick Power Mags. The pistol shoots like a laser beam -- I've never been as accurate with any other handgun -- so despite today's hiccup, I think it's a keeper!!

#14 ·
Well, it was bound to happen... I had my first FTF today with my E-series (5" railed model). After 1,394 rounds total, and 136 rounds into today's session...
5" railed model hiccup after 1300+ rounds? No one around here will admit it but those are the worst 1911s Smith has ever put out! Send it back immediately. Wait, on second thought, don't even clean it, instead send it to me and I will give it my personal once-over treatment. I don't make this offer frequently as it's a very intensive process and return time runs about 36 months.:biglaugh:

#17 ·
I don't own a E series S&W, but I do own a 2006 108284 (first year production for S&W 1911) currently have 29,650 rounds thru her and she is still as tight as the day I bought her. The only problem I ever had was the grip safety started to rattle after about 10,000 rounds so I sent it back to S&W, the rep called me 3 days later asking about the problem so I explained the rattle and asked if they could lighten the trigger pull and that I was expecting to pay for the trigger job. Well 9 days later the gun shows up at my house, no rattle, and a trigger that breaks clean and crisp at 3 lbs. And they didn't charge me, plus they sent me 2 more Wilson combat mags for my inconvenience. People say what they want but S&W has the BEST customer service in the industry.:D This gun has been my daily carry since the day I bought it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.