1911Forum banner

palm beach range policies- a ripoff

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  RojasTKD 
#1 ·
When they won't let you bring in even your own factory ammo, their is only one reason- greed. Apparently, only their own overpriced ammo is good enough for the range, and 2.00 per target is ridiculous! Reloads would be less destructive to their range then full power ammo!! They are just cutting their own throats, their business derives from customers coming in to their shops, and they are doing everything possible to make that a expensive and rare experience.

If they had a ounce of brains, they would do like the convenience stores do, price some items cheap, then hook people on the other expensive goodies once they walk into the stores.

#2 · (Edited)
I refuse to shoot at PBSC any longer. I now go to the Tactical zone in Riviera Beach. They are not part of the ammo cartel.

I haven't been the the other ranges after hearing second hand of their new policy. I should walk in ready to go, and then just walk right back out once I'm told of the policy. I should do this just to make a point.

If all these ranges got togeather and agreed to implament this policy I wonder if it could be considered some kinda of collusion, price fixing, or something like that.

#4 ·
it's not like the Palm Beach ranges have tons of business!

Yes it is price fixing and collusion, and from my experience, they never have really been that busy. Delray and Palm Beach Shooting centers have bounced between owners afew times, and you think they would be shooter friendly being in the shooting business, but apparently they don't see the need.. :bawling: .

#6 ·
make sure they directly know the impact of their decisions.

I would suggest going to the shop/range, and bring your normal ammo/targets, and act normal. When they refuse to allow you to use them, simply look him in the eye, and tell them that you will take your business elsewhere. And, that you will notify all your friends likewise.

If they have a bunch of people come in, only to walk out.. then you maybe more effective at promoting changes.

#7 ·
k_dawg said:
make sure they directly know the impact of their decisions.

I would suggest going to the shop/range, and bring your normal ammo/targets, and act normal. When they refuse to allow you to use them, simply look him in the eye, and tell them that you will take your business elsewhere. And, that you will notify all your friends likewise.

If they have a bunch of people come in, only to walk out.. then you maybe more effective at promoting changes.

I've thought about it. Maybe I'll get a few guys together and just that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.