1911Forum banner

Questions about a used Valor in Black

621 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dakotaTex 
#1 ·
Hi all, new to the forum and 1911's as well. I have been doing a lot of research about 1911s and have chosen to take the route of getting a DW. At my LGS I saw a used Valor with 500 rounds fired. I would like to know before buying it if there is anything specific to look for when inspecting it before buying it? (its not a BLEM.)

#2 ·
...At my LGS I saw a used Valor with 500 rounds fired. I would like to know before buying it if there is anything specific to look for when inspecting it before buying it? (its not a BLEM.)
Check the year it was made. There was a pretty big change in the Valor specs in 2010 when they upgraded the sights, some internals, and the finish. I have a 2008 Valor that is a great shooter but the MSRP was a lot lower back then. I would not want to pay today's prices for a used Valor if it's made before 2010. So just make sure it's priced appropriately.

Now, if I was selling it...

Good luck,

dakotaTex

ps: nearly every used gun I've seen that lists a round count always seems to be 500 rounds...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.