1911Forum banner

Can you talk me out of the STI Target Master in 9mm?

8K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Service Desk 
#1 ·
Been reading through all sorts of threads and came across the STI Target Master pistol (6 inch barrel) in 9mm.
I am a huge fan of the long slide 1911s and this is the first I have seen of a 9mm long slide.

Are these custom firearms or mass produced guns?
Are there options like a lighter trigger that can be purchased?
Are there any concerns with these in 9mm?
What is the reputation of these in 9mm?
How is the accuracy?

#2 ·
STI pistols are mass produced pistols...not customs

If you buy it through someone like Dawson Precision or Brazos then I'm sure you can ask them to do a few modifications for you... I know DP has an "enhanced" package on certain pistols of their's.... might be able to get it on this one too.

Mike.

#4 ·
I bought my TargetMaster 9mm through Brazos a few years ago. Back then, they offered a $150 package where you got a trigger job and any other adjustments and/or refinements they deemed necessary. Extremely sweet shooter, it was. Then I got into IDPA and couldn't use it for that so I sold it to someone who would put it to good use.

Yes, STI guns are mass-produced but they're some of the very best production guns you can buy. I now have an STI Sentry in .45 that anyone would have a hard time pointing out any deficiencies in fit and finish compared to my Wilson Supergrade. Yeah, I think they're THAT good.

#6 ·
I have a Target Master in 9mm and, to answer your question, I cannot in good conscience talk you out of buying one.

The trigger is easily adjustable if you want to lighten it up and it is quite accurate.

When I say it's easily adjustable, I mean by a gunsmith and without having to add any components (e.g. a C & S trigger group).

It seems to cycle in slow motion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.