1911Forum banner

What's better than shooting 1911's on the 4th?

2K views 29 replies 25 participants last post by  SP Tiger 
#1 ·
Shooting them with your 71y/o Pops and 16 yo son.

Agstanding!

See less See more
#20 ·
Now that's going back to the real thing. 1911's are pretty cool also.

Not for me, unfortunately.

Injured two fingers at work yesterday. Minor......very minor, but it'll be a couple weeks before I can use my trigger finger again.:bawling:

Russ
So go out and shoot weak hand and get some valuable practice....and.....it'll make you forget about your other hand being hurt! :)
Took the words right out of my mouth.

#13 ·
I probably won't get out tomorrow, but I shot mine today, 250 rounds. I was off this week at my mountain cabin and shot my new 1911 3 times for a total of almost 1K rounds down range, outdoors in the perfect weather. Nothing finer. I did police my brass, thinking about getting into reloading. It gets expensive shooting 1K rounds.

#17 ·
I sure wish I had some open space to shoot from. All I've got around me are indoor ranges, and AFAIK all of them are closed on the 4th.

#23 ·
Outstanding! nothing better than sharing the good times with family. I have always felt that your integrity and family are the two most important things in life. Its always a plus when you can work in a 1911 and AR.

#24 ·
Outstanding, really happy for you. Moments like these is what really matters in life, your son will always have the memory of it with his dad and grand dad. May God bless you with many more moments like these.

#28 ·
No better way to spend the 4th with 3 generations of shooters. I couldn't shoot on the 4th but did get to the range on 7/2. Ran a newly built 10.5" AR pistol. 2nd time out with it. Now it has almost 200 rounds of 55 & 62 gr thru it with no issues. I love that thing! Also shot one of my SA 1911s and Sig Scorpion .45. Then ran a couple hundred rounds of .22 thru my S&W 15/22. Rang the crap out of my new AR500 target plates. At a recent gun show I picked up a set of 8" and 10" square plates. Talk about fun!! Sometime mid August my 21yr old son will be here and we'll go again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.