1911Forum banner

Why did the SC shooter have to reload?

9K views 90 replies 48 participants last post by  sixguncowboy 
#1 ·
I am not trying to make light of the horrible tragedy inflicted by the POS SC shooter, but there is a question that has lingered. From the first reports that I heard survivors were quoted as saying the shooter reloaded five times. It was later reported that the shooter used a .45acp firearm. Even when I heard these first reports it struck me as strange that someone would need to reload a semi-auto handgun 5 times to murder 9 people and wound a 10th.

Since then pictures of the shooter have been released of the shooter holding the pistol believed to have been used. That gun appears to have been a Glock 41. The 41's smallest magazine holds 10 rounds. That would mean that shooter fired between 40 to 50 rounds during the atrocity. It has also been reported that the shooter placed the gun to his own head, in an appearant suicide attempt, only to have the gun strike on an empty chamber( even though it should have locked back on an empty chamber).

Are these reports wrong? Has anyone else heard different reports?

While I don't wish to give this disgusting animal anymore notoriety than necessary, I was hoping to get some others input.

#45 · (Edited)
Yeah. When I see the Confederate flag I think of southern pride. Racism doesn't factor into my thoughts at all. This nonsense about wiping out all evidence of the Confederate flag is utter absurdity. And so many corporate leaders are scared to death of appearing to have anything to do with anything that SOMEbody somewhere MIGHT be offended by that they run and cower in the corner like woosies, clambering to remove anything from their corporate offerings that could possibly be considered by anyone to be "politically incorrect." This country has turned into a bunch of over sensitive namby pambys.

This country is so fricken afflicted with trying to be "politically correct" that we've lost all sense. Can't say "Merry Christmas" anymore, can't have the Ten Commandments around government buildings anymore, and NO Nativity scenes either, can't have anything showing the Confederate flag anywhere around governmental agencies, nor in the marketplace, no Pledge of Allegiance either. Aunt Jemimiah pancakes? Oh no, having a famous Black woman on a box of pancake batter.... that's racist! And, the figure of an Indian on the package of Land O Lakes butter? Sheesh, that's got to go too!

Can't be doing ANYTHING that might possibly offend any recent immigrants to this country, who don't share our history with us, now, can we! Especially if they're Muslim. Nor any product offerings that might make any reference to anyone's race, heritage, or color. Because making a reference to someone's race or heritage, that's pure racism! It's OK to slam Christians, with no rebuke whatsoever, but you'd better not infer ANYthing about a Muslim.... that would be so "offensive".

The USA, as most of us have known and loved it, is essentially GONE at this point. Does anyone here not find this State of the Union to be absolutely, fricken disgusting?

#50 · (Edited)
Why the prohibition against firearms in churches in some places? Is that some sort of strategy to reduce the incidence of "shotgun weddings"? Might I suggest that reducing promiscuity would be more effective? :)

#59 ·
choice........

I was a door gunner (aircrew) on a Navy helicopter in Viet-Nam and we had a choice between a 1911 or a S&W .38 revolver. I burned up a lot of 45acp practicing with what I chose............

TR

#60 ·
SavageOne- are you assuming one shot per person killed, thus your confusion over 5 reloads? perhaps not every shot fired, was at a target? some of these guys shoot the ceiling, walls, etc to intimidate people.. of course, there likely is no logic to the shooting.

#64 ·
Believe me, I tried to totally disqualify the poor shooters, but admin would have nothing of it. Retrain until they barely passed, that was good enough for them. We shared a range with two other departments, they weren't any better. Most cops just aren't gun guys. It is something heavy they are forced to carry around. I'm not talking about the special units, they were wonderful. I mean the chubby lazy street cop who just did enough to avoid getting terminated.

#72 ·
Negative Silverquick.

18 U.S.C. § 2331 defines "international terrorism" and "domestic terrorism" for purposes of Chapter 113B of the Code, entitled "Terrorism”:

"Domestic terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:
◾Involve acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
◾Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping; and
◾Occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S.
Dude is a domestic terrorist, pure and simple.

#76 ·
Negative Silverquick.

18 U.S.C. § 2331 defines "international terrorism" and "domestic terrorism" for purposes of Chapter 113B of the Code, entitled "Terrorism”:

Dude is a domestic terrorist, pure and simple.
I do not see that.

This man does not appear to have had any motivation to attempt to "intimidate" anyone...

He only appears to have intended to kill people... with a motive of distinct racial hatred.

Aka... he's little more than a common murderer.

#73 ·
And for grins, International Terrorism is defined as:

"International terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:
◾Involve violent acts or acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
◾Appear to be intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
◾Occur primarily outside the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S., or transcend national boundaries in terms of the means by which they are accomplished, the persons they appear intended to intimidate or coerce, or the locale in which their perpetrators operate or seek asylum.*

#82 ·
#83 ·
You're right... but there's still nothing in there indicating he did this to intimidate or change US policy.

You could go with the race war angle... but at the end of the day... that's as close as you're going to get.

All it really shows is someone unconnected to any group or ideology other than racism, wanting to murder a bunch of black people... basically a mentally unstable individual and common murderer akin to Charles Manson... not a Timothy McVeigh.

#87 ·
Just want to correct a few things. Oldtimer44/40 made a couple of minor errors but the results are correct. The Ten Commandments were written in Hebrew not Greek, as was the entire Old Testament. The sixth commandment says "You shall not murder." There is a huge difference be tween murdering & killing someone.

Then the "soldiers" who came to arrest Jesus on the Mount of Olives were not Romans, but the Temple (police of the day) Guard, who received their orders from the High Priest, Joseph Caiaphas.

In Luke 23:36 Jesus said to His disciples "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." The sword of the 1st century is today's handgun. Jesus knew the hard & dangerous times that were ahead. Had one or two congregants of Emanuel AME Church been armed some lives may have been saved that fateful Wednesday evening. The pastor of the church was anti-gun. Perhaps his successor will be pro-gun.

Our church bylaws permit & our pastor encourages those who possess a concealed handgun license to carry @ church. As for me, it's like an American Express Card, I never leave home without it.

#88 · (Edited)
BTW, for Raptor's info. ISIS already has terrorist cells here in the USA. A few are native born right here. But the vast majority slip in across our southern border that your muslim impostor in chief refuses to protect. Many of them have learned Spanish in an effort to pass as Hispanics. But they screwed up and learned Castilian dialect which very few mexicans speak. I have a friend whose ranch border on the border. He has had hands have been shot at. He's had cattle slaughtered and 2/3 left to rot or be eaten by varmints. He has also found discarded Korans and prayer rugs along with the assorted empty gallon jugs they use for water & other trash.

#89 · (Edited)
The USA, as most of us have known and loved it, is essentially GONE at this point. Does anyone here not find this State of the Union to be absolutely, fricken disgusting?
__________________Hit the pc crap dead on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.