1911Forum banner

Any issues with Ultra 2-tone?

3K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  SmurfHunter 
#1 ·
Wanting to pull the trigger on the Ultra 2 tone. I was looking at the Kimber CDP Ultra and the S&W 1911sc when I came across the Ultra. Good looks. 3.3" barrel, etc. main purpose is range and carry. Currently have a CDP Compact and M&P9c and 40c for carry. Looking for an excuse for a 3" 1911. I also have a full sized S&W 1911TA that is awesome. Also looking at the STX. Both drop dead gorgeous. Perhaps another 5" 1911......so undecided. Wish I had cash for both. They are within $50 of each other (STX and Ultra).

Help me decide!!!

#6 ·
Ultra Two Tone

I bought one yesterday. I have multiple 1911s including a Para P-10 with a short barrel but the Para is too thick with the widebody frame to conceal easily and comforatably. The gentleman at the shop showed me several...Springfield, S&W but they weren't the "IT" I was looking for. He went back again and found a Sig Ultra Two Tone and I liked it the moment I handled it. It rides well, but tight, thanks to the wider slide, in all of my 1911 holsters and I suspect it is going to get a lot of carry and range time. I have other Sigs and they are all very good pistols.

#13 ·
I have both the two tone and nitron ultra's, love them both and are my favorite carry guns. I have a half dozen kimber ultra's and a couple of SA micro's also, the SA's while functioning well I can't shoot them well, have had issues with every one of the kimbers, they shoot well when they shoot but also the finishes on them wear poorly. The only thing about the sig ultra is it does not have a carry melt so can be a bit catchy but the grips and straps are perfect, least for my hands and neither of them have every skipped a beat in function. Also they were 200-500 cheaper then any of the kimbers.
And by the tracking link i see my two new RCS's arrived so more joy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.