1911Forum banner

Not a Happy camper!

873 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  pulpsmack 
#1 ·
I have been so happy with my 12 45 since I got it so I went to Para's website and ordered the SSteel mainspring housing to replace the plastic one and a new mainspring, the Extended mag catch in Steel and a Para Tee shirt and then opted for the 3 day shipping so I could be all set for this weekend. My order came today which was good because I ordered it Saturday night and they are closed on Monday. Seems my Tee shirt was no longer available in my size, not a biggie deal just frustrating, but the Mainspring housing was the Plastic one just like I already have, of course I paid for the Steel one and the the Mag catch doesn't work either!!!, you can't get the retainer to turn all the way to lock in the grove cut in the frame!! CRAP!!! I don't get home till 5 PM Central time so they are already closed by the time I get home so I can't talk with anyone. Anyone else had this much of a problem with their Parts/Service? I can understand the shirt, and I can understand someone screwing up with the mainspring housing because the little plastic baggie their parts come in at least in the case of the mainspring housing doesn't have any numbers on it, but you would think that someone who handles parts all day could tell the difference immediately between the weight of plastic and Stainless steel, and I don't know what is up with the mag catch, it's supposed to fit all models. Crap Crap Crap!! I guess I'll be back to shooting my Kimber this weekend.
Regards SonnyD

See less See more
#2 ·
Um... where on Para's site do they sell metal mainspring housings? If you bought it from the Para Pro Shop, it is actually a different company. But then, I didn't see a metal mainspring housing advertised on their site either. How much did they charge you for it? If it was $9.95, it was polymer. Metal mainspring housings for the P12 are available from Smith and Alexanders for about $35. I think they are the only current manufacturers of steel mainspring housings for the P12's.

#3 ·
You are right it is a polymer housing, it was my mistake, I sent an email of opology for my misunderstanding, and Thanks for pointing it out so I dont look like a complete idiot when they read my emails tomorrow, but I still have that problem with the mag catch, which baffles me.
Regards SonnyD

#4 ·
OK, let's get back to this mag catch... your rant may not be fruitless after all. I have been meaning to replace my POS mag catch with a SS one. So you say #1, that they are "one size fits all" with respect to staggereds (p12-p14), and #2, that yours doesn't work. Did you just buy the mag catch or did bou buy BOTH the catch AND the lock? I would like to get to the bottom of this myself so that $25+ isn't wasted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.