1911Forum banner

pointman nine vs springfield loaded 9mm

28K views 39 replies 23 participants last post by  zenfly 
#1 ·
How do these two guns compare in accuracy and recoil? I would like to get the softest shooting and most accurate 9mm 1911 i can. What do you think of these two or what others would you suggest. All insights, opinions and real world experiences appreciated.

#35 ·
In over 50 years of gun ownership and God know how many guns, I have never sent one back for warranty work. Not that there wasn't one or two that needed some work, it's just that I don't buy based on a warranty.

#37 ·
I have with a Taurus and a Keltec. Easy both times (this was before Keltec changed their policy). In fact the recent change in return policy at Keltec means I won't own any of their guns anymore. I also have a higher end 1911 in getting work under the factory warranty (it's about 1.5 years old).

Some people do care about the warranty. It's usually cheaper and easier than paying for a non-factory Smith.

#36 ·
Don't worry about the warranty.
1911's=easy fix, easy to get parts.
Many manufacture's will repair outside the warranty for sometime,and or charge a reduced fee. And after 5-year's,don't think anything is going to go wrong outside of normal wear and tear.
Now go get your self a Dan Wesson and make us all happy!:D

#40 ·
I can tell you that every DW I bought a few yrs ago is worth more today.. I also have been shooting 1911s for 47yrs and trust me I always wanted a $3000+ Wilson / Brown etc. As soon as I owned my first CBOB in 09 all my wishes for anything better ended..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.