1911Forum banner

Yep picked up my SW1911 E-Series today

7K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  Kursac 
#1 ·
I'm in love been fantasizing for some time. This is my 1st gun, I guess I'm old enough to start at the top

See less See more
#4 ·
Yea I did my research and it was pretty clear to me what I wanted. I started this journey last summer with a simple gun class and took my time. Once I figured I keped comming back to a 1911 I pretty much stopped looking at anything else. Been lurking here for a long time now it seems LOL

#5 ·
Congrats. I have several guns but earlier this year I wanted to get a 1911. I was looking for one of the new Rugers, but they were hard as hell to find and priced like a Wilson Combat............just happed to run across a S&W 1911TA Eseries and bam...............told myself I might as well do it right the first time :eek:

#24 ·
I live in Massachusetts so a trip to S&W is not dificult at all. What fit it cost you to have it recoated. I mean I can live with it if it doesn't get worse but it seems to be fairly easy to damage the finish.

I do love this firearm, it is pure sex.

#23 ·
Well just got mine in from budsgunshop. I'm going to replace the ambi safety with a single side and the rest will stay the same.(a first for any 1911 I have ever owned, I normally replace many more parts than just one)
I really like the look and feel of the pistol. This weekend at the rane will determine the rest of the story.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.