1911Forum banner

Longslide 10mm

4K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  GoneBallistic 
#1 ·
Since remington dissolved the para name, does anyone know if they have plans to make any para models under the remington name? Specifically the longslide hunter in 10mm. I had wanted one but would prefer to not buy it used and they're a little hard to find new now. Thanks.

#2 ·
When ROC published the press release stating that the Para-USA name was being eliminated, they did state that they plan to make "some of" the Para double-stack designs. However, they have not done so yet. In fact, they don't appear to be doing much production of any "brand" but they are getting started. Some single-stack Remington 1911s stamped Huntsville, Al are showing up as well as a new RM380 compact (which my LGS says is having a lot of problems).

Whether or not they produce the 10mm is unknown.

I did read that ROC stated that they will NOT be producing any of the LDA (Light Double Action) 1911 designs.

#3 ·
...I called...was told by the CS Rep that there would be no more Hunters in 10mm. I then bid on one NIB on GunBroker that was $50 over the retail price...$1300. A couple of weeks after that another one came up for sale also at $1300....it ended up selling for almost $1600.

If you can find one grab it...all other made in the USA made long slide 10mms start at $2K and work up.

A true crime what Freedom Group continues to do to the gun industry.

Bob

#6 ·
The Para has a great flatspring recoil spring and the Ionbond makes is a breeze to clean. If Remington made this they would charge near $2,000 for it. No way they sell it today for $1,300.

As mentioned Freedom Group is hurting the hobby. The Para Hunter was a sweet addition to the 10mm crowd. Its sad to see such a great weapon go away so fast.

I am upset that I did not buy the sand colored variant.

#10 · (Edited)
An arched mainspring housing is next on my list also...already changed the grips out...the VZ are just too aggressive for me...

Finally found some Power Pistol powder. This is supposed to be the best for high velocity 10mm rounds... Will be a few weeks before I can do any load development... Have some 165 Speer Gold Dot HPs that should be just the ticket...

Bob

#17 ·
An arched mainspring housing is next on my list also...already changed the grips out...the VZ are just too aggressive for me...

Finally found some Power Pistol powder. This is supposed to be the best for high velocity 10mm rounds... Will be a few weeks before I can do any load development... Have some 165 Speer Gold Dot HPs that should be just the ticket...

Bob
I have been shooting 180 grn Hornady XTP's that I bought as seconds at the factory over 8.4 grains of PowerPistol.

#16 ·
Went to order mainspring housings from Brownell's...they had a stainless arched/serrated for the Kimber but are out of stock of the Colt black composite ones...

Loaded up some test loads with PowerPistol and hope to get to the range later this week...

Bob

#18 · (Edited)
For those of you who missed getting a PARA Hunter and have missed the announcement from Remington, the 10mm LS Hunter is back...just has a Remington rollmark on the slide....and can be found for under a grand.

Before the announcement PARA Hunters were bringing up to $1600.00 on the auction sites...now they are down under $1100...

From what I have read the PARA guns have a lifetime warranty that is being honored by Remington. The new Remingtons have a two year warranty...

At least the gun is back and is still the only 10mm long slide made in the USA under $2K...

Bob

#19 · (Edited)
Last Wednesday was checking out a gun for a friend down at a big gun shop not far from the house. While at the counter I noticed a green PARA case sitting there. Upon reading the label low and behold here is an Elite LS Hunter...

A friend had borrowed mine two weeks ago and just fell in love with it. He wanted a PARA instead of Remington just because he liked the PARA roll mark more...go figure...

So I sent him a text and he called the shop who had not yet put a price on it as they were making the owner a offer on several guns while I was there. They did put it on hold for him and when my friend went down the next day to look at it the price was...$890.00...LNIB...and was the rare desert tan...

Irony was two days before he had bid on a nice one on GunBroker that had a BuyNow of $1199.00. After he bid $1100.00 someone bid the BuyNow price...

...I get dinner as a "finders fee"....

Bob

#20 ·
I saw the one on gun broker, told a friend at work about it, alas, he was in fear of his wife.

I don't care for the tan version, but $890.00 is a deal. I gave full retail for mine, because I wanted to get it, and stop looking and worrying about a deal. After shooting it, I have zero regrets.

#21 ·
Same here..when I bought mine there were no used ones on the market and I had just been told by Remington there would be no more...and since I don't plan on selling it any time soon I won't be loosing anything...

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.