1911Forum banner

Frank Proctor

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  rick4400 
#1 ·
Proctor has an one day handgun class in August and it's about two and half hour drive from me.
Has anyone attend his class and would you attend another of his classes?
just looking for some feedback.

#2 ·
I recently heard a surprisingly unfavorable opinion. Since it is not mine, I'll withhold it but I was bummed because I was looking to train with him at some point myself. Now, opinions are like ...., everyone has them. Hopefully, you get a decent amount of a feedback.

#3 ·
Frank Proctor is sponsored by Alias training. They do a good job of vetting the authenticity of their trainers. Frank is an SF Soldier that has a lot of shooting experience and a good instructor. Its quite possible he hurt someone's feelings. But I would not give up hope. I will check to see if there have been any other issues with his training.

#4 ·
I've attended three of his classes. All of them were great. He's extremely skilled and gives a great perspective on shooting. He is all about running the gun, so while he's well aware of, and able to speak to tactical issues and competitive shooting, the class focuses on making the hit you need as fast as possible regardless of the circumstances (moving, confined spaces, multiple targets, etc...).

I'm also a really big fan of his "down-to-earth" style of teaching.

#6 · (Edited)
As I said, I didn't take the class so I have no direct info. The person who did, however, is a well trained person whose opinion holds with me. No, resume and experience was of no concern, but something like 22:1 student to instructor ratio was. Having trained with Alias affiliated instructors and having looked at their other classes, I believe it. Perhaps Frank's delivery method didn't jive with my source, who knows; he didn't think Frank shot all that great. Anyway, anything beyond that would be speculative. If you guys had a personal experience, why don't you write a substantive report? I mean, every class I took was about making the hits you needed and hearing instructor's take on things. Doesn't really tell me much.

P.S. My personal interest in Proctor was based on the fact that he was an SF guy who also ranked well in competition, a blend that's pretty rare.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.