1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti-2A Bank of America and McMillan

19K views 112 replies 52 participants last post by  thearmedrebel 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Courtesy of McMillan's Facebook page:

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Market Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an “account analysis” meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them. He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.
At this point I interrupted him and asked “Can I possible save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer what my business.”
“That is correct” he says.
I replied “That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won’t mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?”
“You have to do what you must” he said.
“So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?”
Mr Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing let for him to say.

I think it is import for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms should know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don’t agree with a business’ political position I can not in good conscience support them. We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products.

Kelly D McMillan
Director of Operations
McMillan Group International, LLC
623-582-9635
www.mcmillanusa.com

Your thoughts?

See less See more
#2 ·
Just like Barrett not delivering .50 rifles to the military in CA. They are against the law in CA so he makes them come and pick them up.

Support with your money, the people who support what you believe in.

#4 ·
I don't think that was the military in California, Bill. I believe you're referring to the LEA's in California.

Regardless, you're 100% correct that we need to put our money towards those who support what we believe in.

Regards,

#22 ·
Nah, don't feel so bad. The only reason I know this is because my dad's friend Bruce's son Nick took a helluva shot on a boogey man in Afghanistan...something to the tune of 1.3 miles. He's eaten lunch with the VP, been on a discovery channel show on the Barret company, gotten to shoot with Ronnie Barret, and is likely going to SHOT show in a year or so as guests of the Barrets...who I guess are some pretty friendly folks.

I for one refuse to live in California and now I refuse to use Bank of America now and I'm glad I pulled my account and went with a local credit union a few years back.

#14 ·
Sign of the times. They are a huge operation and there could be several reasons for this, none being McMillan's fault. Sorry guys, but unless their sales are in the 8 digits then BoA probably doesn't care. They are not known for banking with the little guy. Most likely, McMillan will be better served by another national bank.

#17 ·
BoA also was the first to allow illegals to open Bank accounts without ID. I useful tool for drug dealing money launderers. Now they are bashing pro Gun businesses.
Stay away from them and their credit card business which has a different name.I forget ?

#18 ·
Funny Mc Millan did not seem to mind that BoA opens bank accounts for illegals with out proper ID. Which makes it a haven for money launderers.
But now they are offended.LOL

#23 ·
It was actually Bank of America wanted to issue credit cards without recording social security numbers or other identifying info. This was post 9/11 and it would appeal to not just illegals, but terrorists, as well. They were going to charge extremely high interest rates on them. Publicity and some pressure from the Feds shut that down.

I've had my own dealings in the past with BoA and will never deal with them again. Good for McMillan!

#20 ·
Well, just to play devil's advocate, its your business/product, financial or firearm and you can sell to whomever it is legal to. Conversely you can also refuse to sell to whomever you do not want to. Thats the way it works, if they don't like it, file a lawsuit.

I've been there done that when I was on the job and a store would refuse to sell a product to customer X. -and- I've seen people go to jail because it ain't right. You lose.

#24 ·
That foul. I had a bad experience with B of A. now i am with some other bank. why do care as long as you are in regulation and paying your taxes and everything is in complanice. B of A kick me out because of my money order machine and i have been with them for the past 7 years berfore that doing it all the same.

#29 · (Edited)
I would like to know more of these details. From reading that site, I see nothing but he said she said, no official releases, no recorded conversations...etc...no proof.

I do, however, see posted by akblackfoot, a link to the accurate shooters site. On that site there are recommendations of a company that offers credit card business (presumably to gun owners/companies) processing and explains terms that do not sound favorable to regular credit card companies.

Somehow, I think this is a scam. (I work for a credit card company and have never heard of a merchant transaction being refused.)

#30 ·
I submitted this to snopes.com to see what the real story is. The way I see it...a company screws up it's finances and a bank stops doing business with them, then they decide to get back at the bank by making up a story which generates patriotic business.

Something tells me this is false.

#32 · (Edited)
Here's what Snopes now says: "There isn't any dispute about who wrote it or whether it's textually intact; it was posted on the company's Facebook page. The only issue is whether the account accurately describes what took place at the referenced meeting." < http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?p=1616493 >

I also suspect it likely went a bit differently from what McMillan describes.

#35 ·
Amen to that. Bank of America has a well earned reputation of being less than honest with its customers, and I cannot imagine this is any different.

We closed our account after the refused to honor our claim of check fraud (that cleaned out our checking account), even though they had sent the fraudulent check in our monthly statement and a scanned image of it online. We severed all ties, then they bought our mortgage company, and since our home is underwater (worth half what we owe), we are stuck with them. :mummy:

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.