1911Forum banner

STI Elektra

16K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  MicNDeb 
#1 ·
Well I had been wating on my local gun store (shooter staion Conroe, TX) to get in Elektra in pink for my wife. Does anyone have one or better yet shot 1?

#3 ·
Just bought the pink one at shooters station in Conroe for my wife. Shot 100 rds and there were a few malfunctions. The magazine seems cheap and the angle doesn't look right. Bought a Kimber 9mm mag and will try that next time.

#4 · (Edited)
We took it out with a Kimber mag & it ran flawless! I called STI & they said to send the mag back to them & they'll replace it. He also told me to try Tripp mags in it. I asked about the paint (worried I'll damage it when cleaning) & they said it's KG Gun Kote & as long as I don't use an abrasive cleaner it will be ok.

OP: It shoots like a dream! He got me the 9mm (45 wasn't in stock). Recoil is not bad at all & it's pretty dang accurate. By far my best gun. I sold my Kimber to help offset the cost of the STI & I think that's the smartest move I've ever made. (I hope I didn't snatch up the one you were waiting on)

#5 ·
Oh it's nice. I'd carry it, but it's pink...:grumble:

#12 ·
Pink might be funny to the perp.......... 'til he sees the ball of fire jump off the end of the girlie pank gun right about the time of the thump...... and lights out.

I think it is a beaut. Set of grips and some abrasive cleaner to expedite the removal of the pink lettering and good to go if you got stuck with one in a trade and couldn't move it.

Yep, I know they are available in black, too.

#16 ·
STI Electra

I have several other STI 1911's and they are all great! EVERY Range Review and Forum report about the Electra says that it's a fantastic weapon. My daughter is about to graduate for Texas A&M and this will be her surprise graduation present in 9mm and Pink!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.