1911Forum banner

Performance Center Trigger Job

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  bigd63 
#1 ·
I would like a 3.5lbs trigger job on my E-Series 1911. According to the S&W Performance Center on their website, the closest thing they offer is the ''Action Job''. What exactly does that entail? Thoughts?

#2 ·
I had the action job done on my SW 1911 while at the factory to have the sights repaired. They stoned the sear and hammer, polished the disconnector (head and trigger contact), polished the spring, and deburred the back of the slide stop. I am not an expert on trigger jobs and don't know what the trigger pull is but it is better than factory (which was already pretty good) and the cost can't be beat.

#3 ·
Pretty good info. I am looking for a lighter pull than the factory 5lbs. trigger pull, and a little less creep. Keeping the warranty in tact is a big factor as well. I have yet to put JHP's downrange and if I do get any malfunctions, I'll be able to send in the gun with no questions asked because it's a factory job.

#6 ·
Creep is addressed by honing the sear and hammer hooks, pull weight by adjusting the mainspring. Any qualified 1911 pistol smith should be able to do this, it is a very simple procedure with the proper tools. My only issue with the S&W PC would be the time involved, when I asked about this a few years ago, I was told it would take 2-3 months; don't know if that is still the case or not.

#5 ·
I also have NO idea what this Kimber thing does. They do not explain in the notes what it does??? Also, my Kimber Carry Pro II has an adjustable trigger. Where do you find a screwdriver small enough to adjust it?? And how do you adjust your trigger?? But the first thing, is finding a TINY screwdriver that will fit in the trigger guard! Thanks again!!! In advance!!😃😃

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.