1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Walmart Mega-Thread

308K views 2K replies 726 participants last post by  timtheteacher 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is now the place to post about Walmart and ammo. Love it or hate it, we get a new thread about Walmart just about every day. I had been moving some of them to the Ammo Shortage sticky, but it's somewhat cluttered with all the merged threads. So, all Walmart posts will go here from now on.

Found ammo at Walmart? Post about it here. Didn't find any ammo at Walmart? Post about it here too.
-2TA

----------------------------------------------------
I went to Walmart tonight. Went straight to the sporting good and there was a cart full of ammo. There was at least three large cardboard boxes full of WWB .45 FMJ at 29.96 per 100. I bought two boxes and left alot for the next guy.

There were at least 3 boxes of .38 special and 3-9mm. All appeared to be WWB Target ammo.

There was also at least one box of .40 S&W but I think I saw about 3 more large cardboard boxes of the .40.

Come get it if you need it.

lunyou

See less See more
#889 ·
The day I bought my SA 1911, I stopped at Wally and found Federal Redbox for $15.92 per 50. Bought 8 boxes thinking it a good price.

Stopped into a different Wally yesterday to grab some Diet Coke for the upcoming weekend and decided to swing through the ammo aisle.

Found some Remington 230gr JHP in 100 packs for $42, but then hit a motherlode.

I asked the ol' gent if he had any cheaper .45 acp and he pulled out a 250 rnd box of Remingtion UMC FMJ. I asked how much and he said he thought $43. I asked him to scan it and it scanned at $43.92 + $3.73 tax for a total of $47.65. I asked how many he had and he said 8. I bought 4, plus 2 of the 100 packs of JHP. I figured that .19 a round for the FMJ made for some fairly inexpensive factory load shooting. I kinda wish I'd had enough cash to buy the other 4 boxes.

#892 ·
Ya know? When I was a kid, I worked in a grocery store where they stickered every can with the price. Now they scan them and say that it's more accurate. There was no price on the shelf, nor on the boxes, and when he scanned them, I figured "Hey What a Deal!"

Sounds like it should have been "HEY, What a HECKUVA Deal!"

#897 ·
what area of the country are you in?

My local wally is 24-25 for 9mm WWB 100 rounds.

Its also running 34 for 45 auto WWB 100 rounds.

Factory ammo is convenient, but my reloads shoot way more accurately and run me about 16 bucks per hundred 45 auto, not factoring cost of brass.

#898 · (Edited)
Oddly enough, the best prices in my area over the last year have been from a higher end retailer, somewhat known for high end pricing too. Fortunately, they've realized the utility of, or more recently been in a position to act on, the volume principle. They sell a pantload too...

8.99/50 avg for 9mm UMC
12.99/50 now for .45 ball (quality reloads); had CCI brass last summer 9.99/50
How about 49.99/200 for 55gr Rem UMC? Yes, please.

#902 ·
Tula 9mm all the way! Dirt cheap and my Glock 19 eats it up. :D

#903 ·
Local Wally (the woodlands/242 in TX), has not seen stock replenished in WWB .45 in a week or two. They had 2 UMC 250 round mega packs and 1 box of WWB in hollow point. I took the WWB to break in my new Kimber. ...I'm wanting to think I paid around $23/box (could be a dollar or two off, don't have the receipt with me).

#906 ·
Hey guys is it true that the USA45AVP WWB 45 100rd value pack at Wal-Mart is really now flat-nose? That's what the Winchester site now says and also the velocity being 910fps instead of 835..

Does this mean that the WWB 45 that everyone is long used to shooting is now only available as Q4170 in 50rd boxes?

#911 ·
:mummy: That sucks.:hrm:
on the flip side, I bought 2 50rnd boxes of Federal FMJ for about 1-2 dollars less than what they HAD the WWB FMJ.

might have to look into reloading. or finding someone to reload for me.

#915 ·
Was in the local WM here in Forsyth County, GA today and the price for a box of 100 WWB has gone from $31.97 to $36.97 (plus tax of course).

So they've finally gone over the price point where it's now more cost-effective to buy online now even when you factor in shipping.

#916 ·
I just went to one of the two local Wally Worlds here in Southern NH and saw all the 100 pack WWB gone and replaced with a few Remington UMC 50 packs in green boxes for $20 (no tax in NH). I had seen the UMC brand in the yellow and black boxes but not these.

They DID have one box of WWB hollow points but they always do. I think it's the same box.

#918 ·
Walmart 45

Picked up a box of 100 WWB Friday in Plano, Il. Only had two behind the counter. Paid $36.97 which seems about $4.00 higher than the last time. My local Walmart in Aurora is always out of stock, either that or I'm just too late.

The new Rural Kimg in Plano carries box ammo but the pickens is slim and the price is higher than the Walmart next door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.