1911Forum banner

What is the best mag loader for 1911 45 ACP

15K views 32 replies 27 participants last post by  Evil-Twin 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a good mag loader for my 45 ACP 1911 mags (Tripp). I found some info on the MagLula UPLULA for 9mm - 45 ACP and it looks pretty good. Not sure what the story on it is but some articles say it is made by Butler Creek - others say it's made in Israel. Whatever, I think I found a place I can order them.

Anybody used these? Are they the best for this purpose, or are there better mag loaders out there.

Thanks in advance for your advice and help.

#2 ·
Get the UPLULA and don't look back…a great piece of gear that works with every centerfire pistol caliber I've tried and every mag, from 1911 singlestack, 2011 doublestack, Glock, etc., etc.

#5 ·
The standard Uplula is for a single & double stack mag and works great with my S&W M&P 9mm. It does work with my 1911 9mm mags but is a little sloppy but way better than loading by hand.

#11 ·
If you need one UpLula is the way to go. When I was running 2stacks at times some magazines were near impossible to top off. Now that I'm retired and living a simple and leisurely life of 7 round magazines, I no longer need the assist. But yeah, it's the best one I ever used. They are definitely of Israeli origin. Perhaps they were sold off.

#12 ·
Uplulua for the win.
I love them for loading up stubborn 9mm magazines.
Works just as well with a .45 mag.

The only one I ever thought was not up to par, was the little lula. I bought it for .22 mags, but it was just plain slow. Works well for other small calibers though.

#16 ·
Uplula undoubtedly is the best magazine loader. I find it strange that on a website dedicated to the single-stack 1911, no one has mentioned the single-stack adapter for the Uplula loader. Makes things much easier when trying to load single-stack mags. I especially like it for loading 10-rd 9mm 1911 mags. Here's a link...

http://www.amazon.com/Lula-1911AI-Aligner-Insert-Loaders/dp/B00G4APX84

Adios,

Pizza Bob

#19 ·
+1! You can load single stacks without the adapter, but it sure does make a positive difference. I do not know how I managed to get along for so long without my Maglula universal loader with the adapter for my single stack stuff. It works great, and I think it will outlive me!!

#18 ·
I was gonna ask that. I never had any problems just using my right thumb to push the cartridge down and my left to push it in.

#23 ·
I never had a problem loading them by hand.

Actually it works out really well. This helps me build up a little callous tissue for when I go to load my AR 15, VZ2000, and M1A magazines. Not to mention my AK mags . Additionally it helps when I am loading clips into my Garands.

#33 · (Edited)
The Movie " Colors "

This movie is all about " with age comes wisdom "
Robert Duvall a seasoned veteran cop. ( Wisdom ) Sean Penn, (the young and dumb rookie ) While trying to teach Penn the ropes of being a cop, and foiling Penn's attempts to be macho and teach him a few things about experience. Duval told Penn a story about a young bull and an old bull overlooking a pasture full of cows.
The story went:
The young bull ( Sean Penn ) says to the old bull ( Robert Duvall ), " Lets run down to that pasture and have our way with one of those cows ". The Old bull ( Robert Duvall ) says, " Lets walk down there and have our way with all of them.

An appropriate story for age and wisdom. :)
Innocently presented by
Bill aka ET
some content of the story was adjusted for open forum presentation.

Why use your thumbs when a much easier and more convenient method is available. IM 70 years old, and I could load 500 or 1000 rounds with a loader, and not bat an eye. It would stand to reason if you are loading 100 rounds with a loader, for a days shooting, it has to be smarter ( easier ) to do it with a loader.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.