1911Forum banner

thinking about getting a c3

3K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Trikegodtroll 
#1 ·
i already love sig pistols. i do not own a sig 1911, however, but have had my eye on the c3 for some time now. how beautiful! anyway, i read somewhere on this forum about sig 1911's having shorter chambers? can someone elaborate on that and what it is going to mean to me when i reload for this pistol?

thanks.
adam

#2 ·
They would have to have a chamber that is long enough for the .45ACP cartridge to fit in. I mean there is a specific length for name brand ammunition and the chamber has to be long enough to accept that specification. So in reloading you should just keep your OAL to that of a factory made round and you should have no problems at all. Sorry for the simplistic response, I don't know fully about reloading the .45ACP.

#7 ·
I sent my C3 off to Sig today. I'm having all sorts of issues, FTF, slide locking back prematurely, etc. It doesn't like hollow points at all. It has about 400 rounds down the tube and rarely can I run a full mag without a failure. Very disheartening for what was nearly a $1000 gun.

I own several other non-1911 Sigs and have never had a single failure. I hope your C3 is better than mine. Sig CS assures me they will make it right.

#10 ·
This sounds like an aberration. I bought my C3 in the summer of 2011 and put about 200 rounds through it before I took it to four day handgun course in Nevada where I put about 600 rounds through it. I have had no problems such as you describe and I suspect that my history with this pistol is the norm. I shoot reloads as hollow points as a rule and also Blazer FMJ 230 gr.
I bet you will be happy with it when it comes back.

#11 ·
Been shootin' fer 25+ years and ain't never had a limp wrist problem. The slide locks back on the next to last round on nearly every mag.
This happens only on the next to last round. The last round is just sitting loosely on top of the empty mag, not in it. Happens with different shooters and brands of mags too. That is with fmj. It won't feed more than 2-3 hp in a row either, regardless of the shooter.

I think the the problems are too consistent across multiple shooters to be shooter error. I just think I bought a lemon. Hopefully they'll fix the issues.

#14 ·
I forgot to mention that I wasn't as lucky as you. I had over 40 malfunctions in 400 rounds before I became frustrated and called Sig. I know a lot of the internet forum chatter recommends a 500 round break in period with only fmj. However, Sig doesn't mention this in their manual and they actually state that the pistol should function with a wide variety of ammo. They never asked me about a break in period when I called either.

#13 ·
My Wilson mags don't have dimples. The factory mags do. I can't remember if the McCormick did or not. All mags were sent to Sig with the C3 at their request. The issues I had weren't specific to any of the five magazines I used. I experienced malfunctions with all 5 of them.

I own other Sigs and all have been perfect. I'm eyeballing an Ultra now and the wifey is jonesing for a 238. I'm sure Sig will make it right.

#17 ·
i have a c3 as my edc and idpa gun. it is great and ive never had problems with it. i got my for like $850 with crimson trace, night sites, etc. i can say the CT spends more time off than on but its nice to have. imho its probably one of the best 1911's ive seen under $1000

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.