1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Walmart Mega-Thread

308K views 2K replies 726 participants last post by  timtheteacher 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is now the place to post about Walmart and ammo. Love it or hate it, we get a new thread about Walmart just about every day. I had been moving some of them to the Ammo Shortage sticky, but it's somewhat cluttered with all the merged threads. So, all Walmart posts will go here from now on.

Found ammo at Walmart? Post about it here. Didn't find any ammo at Walmart? Post about it here too.
-2TA

----------------------------------------------------
I went to Walmart tonight. Went straight to the sporting good and there was a cart full of ammo. There was at least three large cardboard boxes full of WWB .45 FMJ at 29.96 per 100. I bought two boxes and left alot for the next guy.

There were at least 3 boxes of .38 special and 3-9mm. All appeared to be WWB Target ammo.

There was also at least one box of .40 S&W but I think I saw about 3 more large cardboard boxes of the .40.

Come get it if you need it.

lunyou

See less See more
#45 ·
Stopped at Wally World for some other stuff, and meandered back to Sporting goods to find a cabinet full of shotgun shells. I asked the gentleman working if they happened to have any pistol ammo and he went behind the counter, opened a drawer, and produced several boxes of 45 Auto. I took one 100 round WWB and left the rest for the next guy.

#46 ·
My friend was at Wally World and walked by the ammo counter and they had five 100rd value packs of federal .223. The salesman said that two of them were reserved. I didnt know you could reserve ammo at Walmart. he bought the rest of them and asked about 45acp. After hesitation the salesman got the last 100rd value pack from under the counter and my friend got it for me. Thanks friend!

#48 ·
Ammo at Walmart

Even though Wally World has the best price, why be dependent on a retailer?
If you like to shoot, you can save a lot of money by reloading. Many people at my local public range go to Walmart for their ammo needs, shoot, then leave their brass on the ground. I politely ask them if they save their brass, and if they don't, they always let me pick it up. I shot at my local range on Sunday, and must have picked up over 250 rounds of brass mostly n .45acp, 9mm, and 40S&W.

I use cast lead bullets, and with free brass, my current cost for loading 50 rounds of .45acp, 200gr LSWC, is $5.00. My cost for 9mm 125gr LRN is $4.15
per box of 50. If you shoot a lot, reloading will save money over the course of time. I have been reloading and shooting competitively for over 30 years.
I estimate I have saved over $25,000 in ammo cost by reloading.

#49 ·
Just got some ammo from Walmart.......

I just went by Walmart today to get some things. Out of habbit I stopped back at the ammo section of sporting goods. I asked the lady if any ammo was in stock as I didn't see any on the shelves. She said yeah, and asked what caliber. I was looking for 9mm, and since they had it I bought the limit of 6 boxes. I was tempted to pick up some .45 if they had it, but since I just reloaded a few hundred not long ago I didn't. I really do hope that this means ammo is coming back to mainstream......I used to buy my ammo all the time at Walmart. Great prices and good selection, at least in the past.

#52 ·
Castle Rock Colorado's Walmart has been getting limited stock the entire time. I don't know who or how but we seem to get shipments. The problem I see is the people buying it, then re-selling it online on gunbroker, I don't mind people making a buck, but feel like Walmart might raise their prices also. Just my .02. Jared

#53 ·
Checked several Walmarts in the Northeast Ohio area the past couple of days and ther's no 9mm or 45acp available. Could have hit the mother load on 40 caliber today, but I don't have a gun in that caliber.

#54 · (Edited)
Walmart ammo in California seems to have gotten worst after the AB962 passed the Senate two days ago. I know of many local folks are planning to double and even triple (or whatever they can financially afford and grab) their handgun ammo stock. Some are even purchasing handgun calibers even though they don't have the firearm for it - in case they buy one in the future or, they use it for trading at the range.

#56 ·
The Wally worlds where i live on the west coast of Florida are almost void of ammo. The gun shops have much better supplies now with the exception of
.380 . Also the gun shops are now full of AR 15 platform rifles now. Guess the big panic buy is slowing down.

#59 ·
AMMO at WM

This morning I headed out to the Camden, DE wallmart not even for ammo, but like I have done every time (for two months) I've gone to WM I went by the ammo to see if there was 45 acp, and finally there was. Three 50 round Federal Champion FMJ for $14 a piece. I could not believe my eyes. So now I got me some ammo. Just a heads up they also had .17, 40 cal, 9mm, 12 gauge slugs, 357 mag, 223. and 32.cal

:rock::rock::rock::rock:

#60 ·
The one closest to me has been bare shelves for months.
Except for 12ga that is.
The other one close to me has a sign up that reads:
"Due to the current ammo shortage we have NO ammunition"
Glad I bought mine when I did, guess I'll be shooting my .22's more.

#62 ·
The last few times I have been in Walmart they have had ammo. 9mm,.45, .38 spl, .357 mag, .44 mag. On the first time, I thought it was such a streak of luck, I bought a lottery ticket the same day. :biglaugh:

Then I went to another Walmart and they too had Federal 9mm for 8.97 a box.

The picture is improving locally. However every time I stop into the store, I am going to buy another couple boxes until cows come home...........

#63 ·
Wally worlds in the PHX area are still spotty. On the other hand Cabelas had everything except primers and powder. 40, 45, 50bmg, 380, 357, 38, 9mm, 223, 308. CCI 22 seems to be scarce now. havent found any mini mags or stingers local for a couple months, and my walthers are getting hungry.

#81 · (Edited)
just found 100 round WWB at the walmart by NIU last week($35 per)
going again today, i hear they get their ammo on thursday nights.
PS they almost always have .40 when i go there, .223 is in stock but expensive, 17HMR always and ofcourse 12G

EDIT
just got back, they had about 8-10 cases of JHP personal defense(20/box) at $20.93 each. if you want it that badly go get ripped off... i passed

#66 ·
I've never heard of the Champion line, but my local WM had it so I bought a couple of boxes. They had 9mm, 40, 45, and 223, as well as other calibers. This was on Wednesday or Thursday. I couldn't believe it -- I went back today (Sunday) and there were still several boxes. Are people out of money now, or just so used to ammo not being there that they aren't looking at WM anymore? I'm looking forward to being able to go in anytime and buy a box or 2 because I want to have a shooting session.....

#67 ·
wally world and the the rest..

Here in SE michigan, ammo seems to be getting more "findable".

Local WM had 4 CASES of 9mm, a few 40, and some 22's. Had them
for days... The 45 and 380 somehow didnt make the truck, says the
manager... so maybe production if these calibers are different????

Local Gun Shows have had for months, various AR and AK type platforms..
And the usual semi pistols as well. Although, the pistols are still
commanding premium prices, as they are bought right up.. go figure..

Some idiots (IMHO) were trying to sell them at fantastical prices still,
but the public were buying.. IN the last 3 weeks or so, those same
dealer guys have dropped prices to a near "pre-panic" level..
( One guy had a Hi-Tech 9mm , selling at Dunhams for $199, on his table
marked "special" ... $375.. )

I suspect ammo is gonna be the same for a while, outside of retail
places. People that hoarded it, are gonna try to justify paying $40 -45
a box for WWB, by trying to sell it for that.. I wish them luck...:biglaugh:

#69 ·
Here in SE michigan, ammo seems to be getting more "findable".

Local WM had 4 CASES of 9mm, a few 40, and some 22's. Had them
for days... The 45 and 380 somehow didnt make the truck, says the
manager... so maybe production if these calibers are different????

Local Gun Shows have had for months, various AR and AK type platforms..
And the usual semi pistols as well. Although, the pistols are still
commanding premium prices, as they are bought right up.. go figure..

Some idiots (IMHO) were trying to sell them at fantastical prices still,
but the public were buying.. IN the last 3 weeks or so, those same
dealer guys have dropped prices to a near "pre-panic" level..
( One guy had a Hi-Tech 9mm , selling at Dunhams for $199, on his table
marked "special" ... $375.. )

I suspect ammo is gonna be the same for a while, outside of retail
places. People that hoarded it, are gonna try to justify paying $40 -45
a box for WWB, by trying to sell it for that.. I wish them luck...:biglaugh:
No kidding. I went to a gun show this weekend and there were 4 or 5 ammo tables with literally stuff bought from WM, like WWB value packs, etc. Yes, with $55 price tags on them. I didn't buy a thing! Sadly others were...

I'm ready for it to be widely available again so the rug gets pulled out from under the gougers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.